- Bicycle tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- A land of misty highlands and tea plantations, dense jungles and national parks, Sri Lanka is ideally suited to cycle touring
- Wildlife spotting in Minneriya National Park
- Travel at a relaxed pace with time to immerse yourself in the culture
- Experience remote regions of Sri Lanka
A land of misty highlands, tea plantations, dense jungles, national parks and a wonderful coastline, Sri Lanka is ideally suited to cycling. A land of misty highlands and tea plantations, dense jungles and national parks, Sri Lanka is ideally suited to cycle touring. From the palm fringed west coast, we cycle inland through a multitude of Buddhist and Hindu monuments and colonial heritage that characterises the country’s rich cultural history. Our journey leads deep into the rain forest of central Sri Lanka where monks conduct prayers in harmony with the forest before continuing to the hill town of Kandy with its splendid botanical gardens and lush tea plantations. We continue to the rock fortress of Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa - the medieval capital of Sri Lanka, where we swap our bikes for jeeps and take a wildlife safari in the Minneriya National Park.
Day 1 : Arrive Colombo, transfer to hotel.
Day 2 : Commence cycling to Induruwa (34km)
Day 3 : Cycle to Ahangama (70km)
Day 4 : Cycle to Udawalawe (110km)
Day 5 : Cycle to Banadarawela (38km)
Day 6 : Cycle to Kandy (80km)
Day 7 : In and around Kandy
Day 8 : Cycle to Dambulla (100km)
Day 9 : Cycle to Polonnaruwa (70km)
Day 10 : To Colombo
Day 11 : In Colombo, where trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on twin share basis
- 10 breakfasts, 9 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 11 only)
- All internal transport by private vehicle
- Support vehicle whilst cycling
- Expert local cycling guide
- Cycling bike mechanic
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed
- 21 gear bike
- International flights
- Aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport & departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 105+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sri Lanka by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 August 2021, a deposit of 1 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.