- Art and architecture
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Fully guided
Enjoy a cultural feast packed into ten memorable days! See the best of Sri Lanka, exploring and visiting the elegant city of Kandy with its paradisiacal gardens. Continue seeing the most important monuments in Kandy. Also, visit Dambulla’s stunning Golden Temple for an all-around Sri Lankan cultural adventure.
Kandy: this mesmerising city is home to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and its associated palaces and gardens.
Dambulla: an emblematic Buddhist cave temple carved deep into a mountain and decorated with frescoes, that deserves to be seen and admired.
Negombo: a historic coastal city that enjoys a substantial colonial heritage.
Silver Temple: tucked away in beautiful rolling countryside, in a small village called Ridigama (Silver village) 15 km west of the Kandy - Dambulla highway, roughly equidistant between Matale and Kurunagala, hidden away behind is a small monastery cave temple of Ridi Vihara.
Sigiriya: the 5th-century rock citadel of King Kasyapa and World Heritage Site doesn't only boasts of ancient Sri Lankan engineering & urban planning supremacy but also acclaims to be one of the finest monuments of art & culture.
Matale: an agricultural zone in the Central Province, Matale seldom drops off the maps due to its remarkable contribution through flagship crops of the island extending from tea, rubber & vegetables to spices.
Kandy Temple of Tooth Relic: last ruled by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe, crafts an array of culture, history and heritage in the minds of visitors across the globe.
Nuwara Eliya: augmented by an English countryside atmosphere, the city of light is still studded with colonial bungalows, hedgerows & one of the finest 18-hole golf courses in the world.
Yala National Park: spreading into a vast 1259 Km2 Yala, with its glory spinning around vast grasslands, shrubs, tanks and dunes, rightfully is the heartland of wildlife in Sri Lanka.
Day 1: Arrival Colombo – Negombo (38km – 1hr)
Day 2: Negombo – Silver Temple – Dambulla (150km – 3.5hrs)
Day 3: Habarana – Sigiriya – Matale – Kandy (107km – 3hrs)
Day 4: Kandy – Peradeniya – Kandy (12km – 30min)
Day 5: Kandy – Tea Plantation – Nuwara Eliya (81km – 2.50hrs)
Day 6: Nuwara Eliya
Day 7: Nuwaraeliya – Yala (140km – 3hrs)
Day 8: Yala – Koggala – Galle – Hikkaduwa (180km – 3.5hrs)
Day 9: Hikkaduwa – Balapitiya – Kosgoda – Hikkaduwa (60km – 1.5hr)
Day 10: Hikkaduwa – Departure Colombo (140km – 2hrs)
- 9 nights' accommodation
- 9 Breakfasts
- 9 Dinners
- Arrival and departure private transfer from/ to Colombo Airport
- Private transportation for sightseeing, excursions and surface travel as per programme
- All entrances fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Negombo city tour, Silver Temple (Day 2); Sigiriya, Sacred Tooth Relic Temple, cultural show (Day 3) Kandy tour (Day 3 or 4); Peradeniya Botanical Garden (Day 4); Nuwara Eliya City tour (Day 6); Yala National Park Safari (Day 7); Stilt Fishing Experience in Koggala, Martin Wickremasinghe Museum and Galle City tour (Day 8); Balapitiya Boat Ride, Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery (Day 9); Gangaramaya Temple (Day 10, depending on the departure flight time)
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Lunches, available upon an additional cost
- Video Camera and still camera permits
- Koggala Stilt Fishermans tips
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- The guide is not available for the departure day
- Optional tours (if any)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Exclusive Tea Tour, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 February 2022, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Exclusive Tea Tour, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Exclusive Tea Tour, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.