Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert Experience
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 08 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 2-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-28733
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in Arabic, English, French, Spanish
- Visit Morocco's imperial cities. See their rich culture
- Take a trip to Ait Benhaddou, a shooting spot for popular Hollywood movies
- Spend a night in a Berber camp in the Sahara
- Enjoy riding a camel over the dunes of Erg Chebbi
Spend two days exploring dunes and canyons. Survey the Moroccan Sahara from the back of a camel in Merzouga and stay overnight in a Berber camp. See the gorges of Todra where limestone cliffs rise over 150 meters into the sky. Also included is a trip to the famous Ait Benhaddou kasbah, a site where many popular Hollywood movies have been filmed.
Cross the High Atlas and Middle Atlas mountains and encounter settlements around oases in an epic travel. Learn more about Moroccan history and culture from your expert tour guide along the way.
Please note that entrance tickets to the highlights are not included in the tour price.
Day 1: Welcome to Casablanca
Day 2: Casablanca – Fes via Rabat & Volubilis
Day 3: Private, guided Fes tour
Day 4: Fes – Ziz Valley – Merzouga Desert
Day 5: Merzouga Desert – Todra Gorges – Dades Valley
Day 6: Dades – Valley of Roses – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
Day 7: Explore Marrakech with an expert local guide
Day 8: Drive to Marrakech airport & departure
- Pickup from Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport & drop off to Marrakech airport (Casablanca airport drop-off can be arranged at an additional amount)
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver/guide
- Experienced, English-speaking tour guides in Volubilis, Fes and Marrakech
- Accommodation in three or four star hotels during the tour except for one night in a desert camp
- 8 breakfasts and 4 dinners
- Camel riding in the Sahara (scarves to protect from the sun provided)
- International flights
- Travel Insurance
- Lunches & drinks
- Dinners in Casablanca and Marrakech
- Entrances to the highlights mentioned in he itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationAlthough this tour comes to an end in Marrakech, we can transfer you to Casablanca if need be. Casablanca transfer is optional and not included in the tour price. We can help you extend this trip and add Essaouira as a destination or increase the duration of your stay in the Moroccan Sahara
What do I need to travel to Morocco?
A visa is not required for a stay of up to 90 days. All passengers traveling to Morocco need to complete a health declaration form at least 72 hours before the flight. It is also advisable to check travel advisories or the nearest embassy and consulate regarding visa requirements before you travel.
How expensive is Morocco for travel?
The currency used in Morocco is the Moroccan dirham (MAD), and one MAD equates to USD 0.10, making it a fairly cheap country to travel in. The average hotel price in Morocco for a couple is MAD428 (USD 42), and daily meals average around MAD132 (USD 13). Local transport costs around MAD70 (USD 6.82), so a trip to Morocco for two people for one week would cost an average of MAD6,272 (USD 614)
How many days would I need to travel across Morocco?
Morocco is a country rich in culture and history, and if you want to see and experience everything this amazing country has to offer, you will need at least three weeks. If you have limited time, a week is plenty of time to travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh and take in some of the country's most iconic highlights.
What are some things I need to consider while traveling in Morocco?
Morocco is a highly conservative country, so it is important to dress appropriately. Cover your upper body and knees at all times. It is also important that you cover your head when visiting mosques. If you go shopping in morocco, do not hesitate to haggle. Haggling is an integral part of Moroccan culture and is expected in most places.