- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Wander beneath the floral balconies of Cartagena – the World Heritagelisted town combining Caribbean splendour and irresistible oldworld charm.
- Tayrona National Park is a nature escape that seems to have it all, from perfect beaches and mountain backdrops to wildlifefilled jungle.
- Admire the colonialera architecture of Barichara – this little gem is widely considered Colombia's prettiest town. Get lost on the cobblestone streets or head to nearby San Gil – a hotspot for adventure sports.
- Head to a local factory supporting women in work and keeping alive a traditional papermaking method by using the natural fibres of the Andean fique plant.
Colombia is one of those gems of South America that still is often skipped on the tourist trail. Be captivated by Bogota’s colonial-era centre, laze on palm-fringed stretches of Caribbean shoreline and meet the locals that make Colombia one of the world's friendliest countries on this 10-day South American adventure. While Tayrona National Park and the Guachaca region offer gorgeous hiking trails, off-track swimming holes and powdery beaches nestled in lush jungle, eye-catching towns like Barichara are a dream to explore, and adrenaline-fuelled San Gil is just moments away. For an off-track trip in that’s full of rhythm, music, colour and life, Explore Colombia is right up there with the best of them.
Tayrona National Park / Guachaca Region
Guachaca Region / Barichara
- Hotel (9 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Plane , Private Bus , Private vehicle , Public bus , Van
- An expert tour leader
- Cartagena - Orientation walk of hotel neighbourhood
- Tayrona National Park - Entrance fee
- Barichara - Walk along Camino Real to the village 'Guane'
- Barichara - Visit to a local artisan paper factory
- Any international flights to Cartagena and from Bogota are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Colombia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Colombia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 June 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Colombia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Colombia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Colombia enjoys a stable year-round climate, but it can get particularly hot and humid on the coast. Be sure to drink plenty of water and wear adequate sun protColombia enjoys a stable year-round climate, but it can get particularly hot and humid on the coast. Be sure to drink plenty of water and wear adequate sun protection.
- The hiking in Tayrona Park (Day 4) is one of the highlights, but it’s important to prepare. Bring footwear you can tackle (possible) mud in, and don’t forget your swimming gear for the beaches along the way.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions