- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The great Pyramids & Sphinx
- Beautiful Philae temple by boat
- Nile felucca cruise
- Pharaonic sites of Luxor's East and West Banks
If you're looking to experience the wonders of Egypt, but you're on a budget, this shoestring level Egypt tour is perfect for you. Exploring the busy capital city of Cairo and the beauty of the Nile Valley between and Luxor, we'll take you to some of Egypt's popular sights, such as the towering Great Pyramids, the Sphinx of Giza and the incredible treasures of the Egyptian Museum.
After spending some time in Cairo, we head south, travelling the route of the Nile to Aswan, take a boat trip to the island temple of Philae, with an option to visit the impressive Abu Simbel Temple built by Ramses II.
From Aswan, you'll spend an afternoon sailing and then sleeping on a traditional felucca sailboat on the Nile River, with a support boat equipped with a toilet, a shower and a kitchen for the crew to prepare your meals. Sailing on the Nile is one of the best ways to experience Egypt through the eyes of the locals and offers a welcome break from the busy sightseeing. A hotel upgrade is available if you'd prefer not to sleep on the boat.
We'll head back to Cairo, where you can finish the tour with a half-day city tour or learn about the history of pyramid building at Dashour and Memphis.
Day 1 - Arrive into Cairo, transfer to hotel
Day 2 - Cairo, Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza. To Luxor
Day 3 - Luxor to Aswan. Overnight in Nubian village
Day 4 - Aswan, Abu Simbel option, Philae Temple & felucca cruise
Day 5 - Felucca sailing, to Luxor. Optional Luxor temple at night
Day 6 - Luxor, West Bank tour. Optional Karnak temple tour
Day 7 - Dendara and Abydos, to Cairo
Day 8 - Cairo, Optional City & Museum tour. Departure airport transfer
- 5 nights accommodation in 3 to 4-star hotels
- 1 night in a Nubian guesthouse in Aswan
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a specialist Egyptologist tour guides for all sightseeing tours
- 1 night on a felucca sailboat cruise with accompanying support boat with toilet & shower
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Tipping kitty (allow US$45)
- Entrance fees (budget approx. US$65)
- Drinks, snacks, guide & driver tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $120 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Tipping kitty (allow US$45)
- Tour Guide Tips
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 47 today.
- Earn US$ 31+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Egypt on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 March 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Egypt on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Egypt on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.