- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit ancient religious and historical sites in Cairo
- Private guided tour with detailed information on the places you visit
At 8:00 am we will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo to start your full-day tour visiting Old Cairo, also known as Christian Coptic Cairo. This is among the most important locations to visit in Cairo because it was visited by the Holy Family. Their spiritual presence is thought to be still felt in this place.
The Church of Abu Serga (St Sergious) was built as a prime landmark for many tourists. This, and the whole area of the Fort of Babylon, is a destination of pilgrimage not only for Egyptians but for Christians from around the world. An air of piety and devotion permeates the whole district here.
You will be able to visit and enter the Church of Abu-Sergah and St. Barbara, the hanging church. You will also get to learn about the old Jewish synagogue - Ben Ezra Synagogue.
Lunch is included in between visits at a local restaurant based on full-meal for each person but beverages are not included.
We will continue our day-tour to Islamic Cairo that was founded in 641 A.D by the first Muslim leader Amr Ibn Elas. At Islamic Cairo, you will be able to visit and enter Masjid Amr Ibn Elas Mosque that was built in 642 A.D.
We follow this by a visit to the biggest mosque in Cairo, El Sultan Hassan Mosque, also known as `Madrasa El Sultan Hassan` that was founded by Sultan Hassan in 1356 A.D. The Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan is a massive Mamluk era mosque and madrassa which is located near the citadel in Cairo. It is famous for its construction, which began in 757 AH/1356 CE with work ending three years later "without even a single day of idleness". At the time of construction, the mosque was considered remarkable for its size and innovative architectural components.
We will visit Al-Rifa'i Mosque next, which dates from around 1361 and was architecturally conceived as a complement to the older structure. . The building is located opposite the Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan.
At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel.
- All pickup and drop off transfers by private vehicle
- Entry fees
- Expert tour guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Snacks and water
- All taxes
- Personal items
- Any beverages beside lunch
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.