- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Five wonderful daywalks through Tuscany's idyllic mountains
- Challenging walks on certain weeks
- Stay in a beautifully situated Tuscan farmhouse with swimming pool
- Opportunity to visit Lucca on the free day
The Garfagnana region, close to the gems of Lucca, Pisa and Florence, is one of Italy 's best-kept secrets and the perfect base for guided walking holidays in Tuscany. The area’s astonishing landscape is a far cry from the rolling hills of southern Tuscany as it lies between the striking peaks of the Alpi Apuane and Apennine mountain ranges, providing us with ample hiking opportunities which, along with picturesque mountaintop and lakeside villages and the warm local hospitality, make for a wonderful trip. Certain dates include more challenging trekking and incorporate one night in a mountain refuge. taxonomy/term/310
Day 1: Start Braccicorti
Day 2: Transfer to the village of Pruno; walk through the Orecchiella N.P. to Pania
di Corfino; descend via 16th century Campiana village. (Activity Level 3)
Day 3: Apuane National Park to Monte Sumbra. (Activity Level 3)
Day 4: Circular walk from Braccicorti to mediaeval market town Castiglione di
Garfagnana. (Activity Level 3)
Day 5: Free day to visit Lucca, the Cinque Terre, Florence or Pisa.
Day 6: Campocatino and San Viviano's Hermitage. (Activity Level 3)
Day 7: Drive to Casone; head through beech forest into the Appennino Tosco-Emiliano
N.P. to the summit of Monte Prado. (Activity Level 3)
Day 8: End Braccicorti.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches, 5 dinners
- 8 days land only/ flight inclusive
- All transport and activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 nights farmhouse with swimming pool
- 5 days centre-based walking; 1 free day
- Altitude maximum 2054m, average 1000m
- Challenging departures on selected weeks
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Braccicorti are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Tuscany tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 54+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Tuscany tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 155 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 01 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking in Tuscany tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Tuscany tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.