- Concerts and shows
- Culture shows and excursions
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Watch one of the most celebrated opera styles in China
- Learn more about the rich history of the ancient Peking opera
- Private tour
In ancient times, the costumes were a garish collection of sharply contrasting colors to stand out on the dimly illuminated stage only lit by oil lamps. Peking opera is a harmonious combination of the Grand Opera, ballet and acrobatics consisting of dance, martial arts and mime.
The Peking opera band mainly consists of an orchestra and percussion band. The former frequently accompanies peaceful scenes while the latter provides the right atmosphere for battle scenes. The commonly used percussion instruments include castanets, drums, bells and cymbals. One person usually plays the castanets and drums simultaneously, which conducts the entire band.
The orchestral instruments include the Erhu, Huqin, Yueqin, Sheng (reed pipe), Pipa (lute) and other instruments. The band usually sits on the left side of the stage. Afterwards, your Chinese driver will take you back to your hotel.
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Charge for Peking opera show tickets
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.