- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Summer Palace visits in Beijing
- Visit a less busy section of The Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Visit Xian and witness the mighty Terracotta Warriors
- Be immersed in the hustle & bustle of the markets in Kashgar
Trace the Silk Road through China. The Silk Road conjures images of caravans carrying incredible wealth across the deserts and mountains - images of colourful bazaars, priceless jewels and richly woven carpets and fabrics; exotic perfumes and spices. This remarkable journey takes you along the Chinese part of this ancient route. In Beijing we visit the Great Wall; Xian we view the Terracotta Warriors while the enormous Buddhist monastery at Xiahe will surely impress. In Dunhuang we appreciate the magnificent Buddhist grottos before skirting the Gobi Desert to the oasis town of Turpan and continuing on to the the frenetic market town of Kashgar.
Day 1 : Arrive Beijing
Day 2 : Visit to The Forbidden City
Day 3 : The Great Wall & The Summer Palace
Day 4 : In Beijing, evening train to Xi'an
Day 5 : Xi'an City tour
Day 6 : Terracotta Warriors & Goose Pagoda
Day 7 : Train to Lanzhou
Day 8 : Visit Bing Ling Temple, transfer to Xiahe
Day 9 : Labrang Monastery, return to Lanzhou and overnight train to Jiayuguan.
Day 10 : In Jiayuguan
Day 11 : To Dunhuang
Day 12 : Mogao Caves & train to Turpan
Day 13 : In Turpan (or Tulufun)
Day 14 : Drive to Urumqi
Day 15 : Heaven's Lake. Evening flight to Kashgar
Day 16 : Markets in Kashgar
Day 17 : In Kashgar, trip concludes
- Comfortable well located accommodation on a twinshare basis
- 16 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 13 dinners
- All internal transport by train (soft sleeper) or private bus, jeep or car
- Internal flight Urumqi/Kashgar valued at USD$170
- Group airport transfer on Day 1 only
- National tour leader in China plus local specialist guides throughout
- Local sightseeing, including entrance fees to monuments
- Emergency medical kit
- Meals not indicated in the program
- Any optional tours, and entrance fees and permits during free time
- Expenditure of a personal nature such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry
- Visa costs
- Tips and gratuities
- International airfares and taxes
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory)
- Excess luggage charges
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 211 today.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Silk Road tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.