- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Let a local expert bring Cambodia’s ancient history to life as you templehop at the Angkor complex with your small group – one of South East Asia's most stunning attractions.
- A homestay in Chambok puts you right in the heart of everyday village life in Cambodia. Enjoy a delicious dinner cooked by the locals and be treated to a traditional dance performance.
- Uncover another side to southern coastal Cambodia with two nights spent in the riverside hub of Kampot. You’ll have plenty of free time to get to know why this town is on our upandcoming list.
- Confront the sobering but important Khmer history in Phnom Penh, with included visits to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
Let Lonely Planet and Intrepid take you on a 12-day highlights experience of Cambodia, beyond the usual tourist bus route. Discover the laidback charm of riverside Kampot, call into the ancient temples at Angkor near Siem Reap, get a taste of Khmer hospitality with a village homestay in Chambok and reflect on Cambodia's tragic history at the sobering sites of Phnom Penh. With an expert leader bringing the history to life, and plenty of freedom to explore at your own pace – this adventure is much more than a transitional trip through one of South East Asia’s most captivating countries.
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
- Guesthouse (5 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (5 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Private minibus , Public bus
- An expert tour leader
- Siem Reap - One day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Chambok - Traditional dancing
- Chambok - Homestay and activities
- Chambok - Khmer Dinner
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cambodia Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cambodia Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cambodia Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cambodia Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a Lonely Planet Experience powered by Intrepid, made for travellers who value their independence but also want the benefit of a local leader and a group of like-minded travellers. The itinerary has a mix of included activities and free time when your leader will offer suggestions. Please budget spending money for optional activities you want to take part in.
- You'll be spending a night with a local family on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals). Read more about the experience here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/cambodia-homestay-experience
- This trip involves a lot of public transport and some long days of driving, so some patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment here. Sit back, relax, watch the scenery go by, and embrace travelling like a local.
- Accommodation is basic – a combination of simple hotels, guesthouses and a homestay.
- The stories shared at the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and Killing Fields of Choeung Ek are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia's recent history that we feel is important to share, however if you would prefer not to join in these options your leader will be able to suggest alternatives.
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- You may also want to check out our Cambodia & Vietnam Experience if you have longer time to explore in the region. https://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/cambodia-vietnam-experience-126711
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description