- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- As well as a guided tour, you’ll also have a threeday Angkor pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap, so that you can explore this incredible temple complex as much and as often as you like.
- Discover the temple ruins at Sambor Prei Kuk and enjoy a local village homestay to experience everyday life in rural Cambodia.
- Learn the confronting yet important history of Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek in Phnom Penh.
- Sample local food wherever you go – from a seafood dinner on Halong Bay, a meal at a Buddhist monastery, coconut candy in the Mekong Delta, and dinner at KOTO restaurant, you won’t go hungry!
Pique your interests and satisfy your appetite with a fast-paced and far-flung adventure through the heart of Vietnam and Cambodia. Spend 18 days traversing the diverse South East Asian countryside, through local villages, past stunning coastline and into bustling cities. Beginning in the manic capital of Thailand, Bangkok, you’ll focus your attention on memorable experiences, the local people, and, of course, the delicious cuisine, all the way to Hanoi in Vietnam’s north. An Angkor temple tour here, a Mekong Delta homestay there, and plenty of time to forge your own path – what’s not to love about this fascinating part of the world?
First Hotel in Ubud should be changed (smell in the room, dark)
Last Hotel in Sanur must be changed. After the other hotels, this standard "business" hotel is not an adequate end of the tour. Simply no atmosphere”
Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
Sambor Prei Kuk
Ho Chi Minh City
Mekong Delta - Ho Chi Minh City
Hue - Overnight Train
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (14 nights), Overnight boat (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 15 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Boat , Overnight sleeper train , Plane , Public Bus , Private minibus , Taxi , Motorbike
- An expert tour leader
- Siem Reap - Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Homestay - Village Tour with local guide
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Traditional Khmer Dinner
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Mekong Delta - Mekong Delta Day Trip & Village Tuk-Tuk Tour
- Mekong Delta - Lunch
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hue - Imperial City Full Day Tour
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Motorbike Tour Lunch
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Hanoi - One Pillar Pagoda & HCM stilt house
- Hanoi - Old Quarter Walking Tour
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Hanoi - KOTO dinner
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Cambodia & Vietnam tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Cambodia & Vietnam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Cambodia & Vietnam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Cambodia & Vietnam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Some travellers find the pace of this trip quite fast as you cover a lot of destinations in a short amount of time. If you would like a more relaxed pace with more time to explore, you might like to consider a longer trip, or additional days at the start and finish points.
- You’ll cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight
- There are also some long travel days by both private and public transport (up to 10 hours on the road), including the day that we cross from Thailand to Cambodia. Your leader and local guides will assist with the border crossings, but plenty of patience is advised
- The homestay and local experiences are a wonderful opportunity to witness every day rural life. Facilities are simple and multi-share but comfortable, with mattresses, bedding and mosquito nets all provided. Some travellers are nervous about the homestay experience before they arrive, but we find most end up naming this as a highlight of their time in South East Asia and a rewarding, authentic experience. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals! Other accommodation is in no frills, simple guesthouses and hotels, perfect for travellers on a budget. On occasion our accommodation may not have hot water, but you will probably be keen to cool down from the heat with a refreshing cold shower!
- Don’t let the heat keep you from exploring the world! Summer temperatures can be very high in South East Asia, which can make things uncomfortable. Depending on where you come from, the weather in Vietnam and Cambodia might be hotter and more humid than what you are used to. We recommend checking online for what the typical temperatures will be at the time you're looking to travel. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat, and drink plenty of water.
- The stories and history shared at the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia’s recent history that we feel is important for travellers to know. If you would prefer not to join these activities your leader can recommend some optional alternatives.
- The sightseeing tour by motorbike in Hue is great fun with bikes driven safely by professionals (and helmets provided), but alternative transport can be arranged for those who would prefer not to travel by motorbike.
- If you would prefer a similar itinerary in the reverse direction and with only hotel accommodation, why not check out our Best of Vietnam & Cambodia trip – see trip code ‘TVSKC’ on the Intrepid website for more information.
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions