- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cruise the lakes and canals of the Pangalanes Channel, far from the tourist trails
- Search for lemurs and chameleons in the lush rainforest of the Perinet Reserve
- Experience the traditional lifestyle of the coastal Malagasy fishing villages
- Visit Pereiras Reserve and wildlife centre
Experience the traditional lifestyle along the backwaters of the little known Pangalanes canal, and the spectacular national parks and unique wildlife of Madagascar. The essence of Madagascar is the unique wildlife, fabulous rainforests and stunning coast. Until you visit, you cannot imagine that the Malagasy people could be so welcoming. All of these attributes, and more, come together on this wonderful trip. From the dry Central Highlands, we pass through lush rainforest and small village communities where tropical fruits and terraced fields set the scene, to reach coastal fishing villages where nets and Travellers' palms abound. We have both day and night walks in the forest to view colourful chameleons, to observe numerous species of lemurs, and to enjoy the rich forest habitat. Our simple lodges are in the midst of rainforest reserves that are home to lemurs that will delight you with their curiosity and gentleness. On the wild east coast, surf rolls onto white-sand beaches lined with coconut palms that protect both the fishing villages and the expansive fresh water lakes beyond. The villagers here are fishermen, taking fish from both the sea and the pristine lakes. We travel by boat on a series of lakes and along narrow canals, known as The Pangalanes, to reach our lake-side beach hotel. Set in the forest, the hotel is our base for exploring the lakes and villages by boat or on foot. You will be privileged to discover areas far from the tourist trails, and which offers amazing experiences in this remarkable country.
Day 1 : Join Antananarivo
Day 2 : Drive to Andasibe, enroute visit Pereiras Reserve (145km / 4hrs)
Day 3 : Perinet Reserve and Vakona Reserve
Day 4 : To Manamboto, Pangalanes cruise (135 km / 4 hrs)
Day 5 : The Pangalanes
Day 6 : Return cruise to Manamboto, transfer to Antananarivo (280 km / 7 hrs)
Day 7 : In Antananarivo, trip concludes
- 6 nights in 2 star hotels on a twinshare basis (3 star upgrade for Antananarivo and Andasibe on request)
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 7 only)
- English speaking local driver-guide (Groups of 1-5 will have an English speaking local driver-guide; groups of 6-12 an English speaking local guide and a local driver will accompany group)
- Private vehicle transport throughout
- Permits, entry fees and local guides in parks and reserves
- Tourist taxes
- International flights and departure taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 7
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Optional activities and sightseeing
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 75 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 50 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 312 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 26 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Culture & Wildlife of Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Culture & Wildlife of Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.