- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Cruise the lakes and canals of the Pangalanes Channel, far from the tourist trails
- Search for lemurs and chameleons in the lush rainforest of the Perinet Reserve
- Experience the traditional lifestyle of the coastal Malagasy fishing villages
- Be immersed in the scenery, villages and forests
Experience the traditional lifestyle along the backwaters of the little known Pangalanes canal, and the spectacular national parks and unique wildlife of Madagascar. The essence of Madagascar is the unique wildlife, fabulous rainforests and stunning coast. Until you visit, you cannot imagine that the Malagasy people could be so welcoming. All of these attributes, and more, come together on this wonderful trip. From the dry Central Highlands, we pass through lush rainforest and small village communities where tropical fruits and terraced fields set the scene, to reach coastal fishing villages where nets and Travellers' palms abound. We have both day and night walks in the forest to view colourful chameleons, to observe numerous species of lemurs, and to enjoy the rich forest habitat. Our simple lodges are in the midst of rainforest reserves that are home to lemurs that will delight you with their curiosity and gentleness. On the wild east coast, surf rolls onto white-sand beaches lined with coconut palms that protect both the fishing villages and the expansive fresh water lakes beyond. The villagers here are fishermen, taking fish from both the sea and the pristine lakes. We travel by boat on a series of lakes and along narrow canals, known as The Pangalanes, to reach our lake-side beach hotel. Set in the forest, the hotel is our base for exploring the lakes and villages by boat or on foot. You will be privileged to discover areas far from the tourist trails, and which offers amazing experiences in this remarkable country.
Day 1 : Join Antananarivo
Day 2 : Drive to Andasibe (145km / 4hrs)
Day 3 : Perinet Reserve
Day 4 : To Manambato, Pangalanes cruise (135 km / 4 hrs)
Day 5 : The Pangalanes
Day 6 : Return cruise to Manamboto, transfer to Antananarivo (280 km / 7 hrs)
Day 7 : In Antananarivo, trip concludes
- 6 nights in 2 star hotels on a twinshare basis (3 star upgrade for Antananarivo and Andasibe on request)
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 7 only)
- English speaking local driver-guide (Groups of 1-5 will have an English speaking local driver-guide; groups of 6-12 an English speaking local guide and a local driver will accompany group)
- Private vehicle transport throughout
- Permits, entry fees and local guides in parks and reserves
- Tourist taxes
- International flights and departure taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 7
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Optional activities and sightseeing
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 77 today.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Culture & Wildlife of Madagascar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 March 2022, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Culture & Wildlife of Madagascar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Culture & Wildlife of Madagascar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.
What level of fitness is necessary in order to take part in and appreciate this tour?
The trip grading for this tour is "Adventure Touring". Adventure tours sometimes visit remote areas where facilities are often basic. Many of these trips involve some camping or basic lodging and will often involve long journeys on rough roads. To enjoy these adventures we suggest reasonable fitness and health, a moderately active lifestyle and a positive attitude. Although there is no commitment to extended walking on this tour, the operator emphasizes the “active” on these tours. Any physical training you complete before undertaking the trip will be to good effect. We recommend walking on undulating terrain for an hour or more, two or three times a week for at least 3 months prior to departure. The fitter you are the more this will enhance your experience.