Best family vacations in Spain
Spain offers a plethora of excursion opportunities for travelers. Here are a few of our top tours for a family adventure around Spain:
- Self-drive family tours in Spain: A family self-drive tour is one of the best ways to explore Spain. Whether you are in Spain for one week or three, a road trip will allow you the freedom to decide where to go, how long to spend at each destination, and what to do. Explore the wine-producing region of La Mancha and the historic city of Toledo just south of Madrid. Venture into Andalusia and discover ancient Moorish cities and towns like Granada, Rondo, and Seville. Head north into the spectacular regions of the Basque Country and Galicia to see some spectacular natural scenery.
- City sightseeing family tours in Spain: Spain is jam-packed with art, culture, and history. Hop on a city sightseeing tour in Madrid or take a city tour of Barcelona to explore some of the best art museums in the world. Admire the spectacular architecture and soak up the rich history of the Spanish Empire, and sip café con leches in a stately square. The country has plenty of destinations and fun activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Spain Family Tours for Food Lovers: Spain is a hotspot for food aficionados from around the world. Take a 10-day family tour to get acquainted with the taste of the highlands, cosmopolitan, and the shores. Expand your family's culinary horizon as you experience fresh Galician mussels from the sea, snack on pintxos and tapas in Logrono’s Old Town, and sip on traditional Asturian cider near Oviedo. Get immersed in the sight, sound, and taste of Spain by embarking on a culinary adventure across the country.
Family vacation in Spain based on budget
- Luxury family tours in Spain: If budget is no worry for you, enjoy high-end hotels and restaurants, and all the bells and whistles that come with one of our luxury family tours in Spain. Private cars will whisk you and your family around as you explore the most popular attractions of Spain. In between your tour, enjoy a fine dining experience in the best family-friendly restaurants and savor the country’s incredible cuisine.
- Budget family tours in Spain: Traveling with family can be expensive. However, our budget Spain family tours provide an affordable way to explore amazing Spain. Self-drive through the beautiful countryside of the Basque Country. Immerse yourself into the culture of the country on family stays and enjoy Spain’s incredible cuisine at local pintxos and tapas bars.
Family vacation in Spain based on popular travel themes
From surfing and snorkeling in the Mediterranean to hiking and exploring Spain's stunning natural landscapes, find activities that cater to the interests of your family.
Duration-based family vacation in Spain
Cannot decide how long to spend on a family vacation in Spain? Below we outline different group tours in Spain based on popular durations:
Should you have custom requirements when it comes to designing the perfect group tour in Spain, you could submit a customized trip request for Spain.
Travel experience and benefits of a Spain family vacation
- Savor the taste of Spain: Spain is a melting pot of vast cultures. The influences are portrayed in the array of delicious cuisine found across the country. A Spain family tour introduces you to various new foods to expand your culinary horizons.
- Travel on a budget: Spain is a highly affordable country to travel around with your family. Generally, the meal cost at a restaurant can be as low as USD 11, and drinks around USD 3. Accommodation is also fairly affordable. You can find family-friendly spots for under USD 100 a night.
- Abundant activities: Hiking in the Pyrenees, visiting theme parks, and beach activities on the Mediterranean coast are some of the highlights of a Spain family tour. Create a lasting memory with your family through an enriching experience that provides a chance to learn about Spain's culture and have fun and adventure together.
Tips when on a family vacation in Spain
- Embrace the daily siesta. It is a great chance for the whole family to have a rest during the hottest part of the day. The Spanish eat dinner late — most restaurants do not open for dinner until 8 pm. So, it is a good idea to get some sleep during the day to make it to dinner.
- Instead of staying in chain hotels, consider renting a house or apartment where you will have more space and the ability to prepare your own meals. You could also stay in one of Spain’s government-run paradors, which are stylish accommodations in historic buildings such as castles, convents, and monasteries.
- Spain has some fantastic markets where you can find delicious fresh produce and local foods. Pack picnic lunches for the day and enjoy them on the beach or in one of the many parks in and around the city.