Best of Switzerland
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-20996
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Bourg-en-Lavaux: Enjoy Swiss hospitality and the flavours of local wines, cheeses and breads with the owner of a local vineyard overlooking Lake Geneva.
- Brienz: Learn about Switzerland's wood-carving heritage at the Jobin wood sculpture museum in Brienz.
- Zürich: During an orientation, your Travel Director will show you some of the highlights of this beautiful lakeside city.
- Bern: Explore Switzerland's capital and see the Cathedral of St. Vincent, clock tower and Ogre Fountain.
- Chillon Castle: The beautiful fortress of Chillon Castle, set on a rocky islet on Lake Geneva, is widely regarded as one of the best-preserved medieval castles in Europe. Following his walk through the dungeons in 1816, Lord Byron wrote the poem 'The Prisoner of Chillon'. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar.
- Bernina Express: Board the famous Bernina Express train and travel through stunning landscapes en route to St. Moritz.
- Lucerne: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and Chapel Bridge, the oldest wooden covered bridge in Europe.
- Discover Zürich and Lucerne
- Visit Bern, Chillon Castle, Montreux, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Interlaken and Brienz
- View the Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument in Lucerne, the Jungfrau and Matterhorn mountains (weather permitting), Lake Maggiore and Lake Como
- Show more
All the Best of Switzerland with a side visit to Italy. What could be better? Your travels will take you to Lake Geneva for local wine, cheese and delicious desserts in Lavaux, Lord Byron’s enchanting Chillon Castle and the pretty town of Brienz for a masterclass in Swiss wood carving.
Day 1: Welcome to Zrich
Day 2: Journey to Lake Geneva
Day 3: Onwards to Chillon Castle and Zermatt Connect with Locals
Day 4: Zermatt Your Way
Day 5: Venture to the Italian Lake Maggiore
Day 6: Off to Alpine St. Moritz
Day 7: Journey to Lakeside Lucerne
Day 8: Admire Scenic Brienz and Interlaken Dive Into Culture
Day 9: Homeward Bound
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 8 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Train from Tirano to Pontresina
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Any international flights to/from Zurich are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Switzerland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Switzerland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 July 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 July 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Switzerland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Switzerland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
What is the best month to travel to Switzerland?
April and May as well as September and October are the best months to visit Switzerland. These months are just outside the peak seasons, but the weather is still pleasant and mild.
- What is the best way to tour Switzerland?
How many do I need in Switzerland?
We recommend spending 7 days in Switzerland. The country is fairly small and you can still see and do a lot if you only have a few days. If you want to do lengthier hikes you will want to spend upwards of 10 days in Switzerland. Check out our guide on how many days to spend in Switzerland for more information.
- How much does a Switzerland tour cost?