- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the Karen Blixen museum & Giraffe Sanctuary in Nairobi
- Enjoy the National Museum, Nairobi and discover more about our ancient past
- View wildlife on safari in Amboseli NP
- Marvel at the view of Mount Kilimanjaro in Amboseli NP
Experience Kenya and Tanzania, the great plains of Africa, as we merge the wildlife of these two nations with their tribal cultures, stunning landscapes and some rest & relaxation beside the Indian Ocean.
The seemingly endless plains of the Serengeti and the immense volcanic crater of Ngorongoro Crater offer superb game-viewing. Add to this the herds of elephant in Tarangire NP and Amboseli NP and you have a wildlife spectacle second to none.
We travel through the lands of the Maasai and numerous other tribes with time to learn about their various lifestyles, including hiking in the Usamabara Mountains and visiting the Irented villages en route. The coast of both nations is the land of the Swahili people and their culture extends into Zanzibar, where we have 4 days to relax on the beaches and explore.
Ngorongoro Crater. Had several fantastic games drives and seen a wide variety of animals including the big 5. The driving team and chef for the trip worked very hard to also make the trip great. I really enjoyed the team aspect and all working together to ensure a good trip was had.”
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Amboseli NP
Day 3: Arusha
Day 4: Tarangire NP
Day 5: Serengeti NP
Day 6: Serengeti NP
Day 7: Arusha
Day 8: Lushoto
Day 9: Lushoto
Day 10: Dar es Salaam
Day 11: Zanzibar
Day 12: Zanzibar
Day 13: Zanzibar
Day 14: Zanzibar
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus, Ferry
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- 13 Breakfasts
- 9 Lunches
- 9 Dinner
- Any international flights to Zanzibar and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Serengeti & Zanzibar Wanderer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 74 today.
- Save US$ 49+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Serengeti & Zanzibar Wanderer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Serengeti & Zanzibar Wanderer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Serengeti & Zanzibar Wanderer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.