- Marine wildlife
- Local boat rides
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- See the dolphins in their natural environment
- Visit the oldest mosque in East Africa
- Swim with dolphins if you're lucky!
The shallow coastal waters around Kizimkazi are a favorite hangout for dolphins as they come here for the reliable food supply, to nurse their calves, rest and socialize. There are also rather shyer humpback dolphins that sometimes put in an appearance here, although their schedule is a little more erratic.
The dolphin tour is best very early in the morning because in the afternoon as the sun rises, the sea water tends to become warm and the dolphins dive deep down to escape the heat. For guests who are staying in a Stone town hotel, we’ll pick you up from your hotel at 6:30am. It is also possible to do the trip later in the afternoon, but the probability of seeing dolphins is smaller.
The dolphin trip lasts two to three hours. Although dolphin-spotting is a popular activity, sightings aren’t guaranteed 100% and sometimes spottings require time and patience as the animals are in their natural environment.
Kizimkazi is also the site of a 12th-century mosque, the earliest evidence of Islam in East Africa, and is thus worth a visit for both cultural and historical reasons.
The dolphin trip can be combined with Jozani Forest, as the forest is on the way to Kizimkazi; we pass through the forest on the way back from dolphin tour.
- Snorkeling gear (life jacket, mask & flippers)
- Entrances fees
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel
- Boat charter
- Experienced Professional Tour guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Medical insurance, travel insurance
- Personal purchases
- Visas & Travel Insurance
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationA deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking We advise clients to wear or bring their swimming costumes. We also advise wearing waterproof sandals for boarding the dhows and to bring sunscreen.