Looking for available travel experts
If when you think of Africa you think of safaris, a trip to Zambia is for you. Home to unparalleled natural beauty, including Victoria Falls (one of the seven natural wonders of the world), Zambia is full of untouched wilderness waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re looking for thrilling adventure (bungee jumping, anyone?) or luxurious camps and safari lodges, Zambia is the alternative traveler’s paradise.
- Take a safari tour through South Luangwa National Park for some of the continent’s best views of big game
- Swim the rapids from Livingstone Island to exhilarating Devil’s Pool on the cusp of Victoria Falls (if you dare!)
- Experience the serenity of the Zambezi River with a sunset cruise (or the party-like atmosphere, depending on your tour provider!)
- Sip on high tea with the zebras at the Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Hotel
- Seek the ultimate thrill by bungee jumping off of Victoria Falls Bridge
- If spotting wildlife is your number one priority for your trip to Zambia, it’s best to visit during the dry season (between May and November). Avoiding the rainy season means safari camps are more likely to be open.
- Love trying new things? Try snacking on crispy caterpillars or worms - served grilled from street cars across the country.
- Zambians are conservative and most strictly adhere to the Christian faith. Don’t be surprised to find locals carrying Bibles around. Women should not wear revealing clothing, and same sex relations is not openly discussed.
- While most wild animals tend to be confined to Zambia’s national parks, do keep an eye out for snakes on your holiday in Zambia. Elephants are also known to roam into town (looking for mangoes) and startle easily.
- Petty crime (i.e. stealing) is pretty common in Zambia. Be sure to keep an eye on your belongings and, as always, keep your wits about you.