- Walking tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Summit Mt Rysy (2,499m), Poland's highest mountainSpend a night in the picturesque folk town of ZakopaneExperience the change of landscape from the Western to the Eastern TatrasChallenging walking and dramatic mountain views
The Tatra mountains are among the most rugged and spectacular in Europe, part of the granite Carpathian Range, rising to almost 2500m. The dramatic scenery, combined with a sophisticated network of footpaths, makes it a popular walking destination. On this trip, we trek through valleys, past lakes and over ridges before the final test, a tough ascent of Rysy (2499m), the highest mountain in Poland. From the top, we gain a dramatic 360-degree view of more than 100 peaks. This trip offers the great opportunity to experience the great change of scenery from the verdant Western Tatras to the The High Tatras, with their dramatic vistas, steep peaks, sharp rocks, deep glens, and crystal lakes. The walking will be hard but rewarding, the terrain tough but beautiful, and the mountain huts basic but friendly, clean and hospitable.
Day 1: Start Zakopane.
Day 2: Bus to Tatra National Park; walk in the Koscieliska Valley.
Day 3: Trek to the Czerwone Wierchy (Red Peaks) and summit Cemniak (2096m).
Day 4: Long climb to the summit of Mt Kasprowy; descend to the Gasiencowa hut.
Day 5: Beautiful day of trekking in the heart of the High Tatras; through the Valley
of the Five Polish Lakes to Roztoki.
Day 6: Ascend Mt Rysy (2499m), Poland's highest peak. The splendid views from the
top will make the effort more than worthwhile.
Day 7: A short descent down the Dolina Rybiego Potoku. Transfer to the historic city
Day 8: End Krakow.
- 2 nights en suite pension and 5 nights standard mountain hut (dormitory accommodation)6 days point-to-point trekking Group normally 4 to 16 plus leader. Min age 18 yrsAltitude maximum 2499m, average 1700mTravel by private minibusNot recommended for severe vertigo sufferers ,All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinnersAll accommodationTransfer for group flights
- Any international flights to Zakopane and from Krakow are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trek the Polish High Tatras tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 80 today.
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trek the Polish High Tatras tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trek the Polish High Tatras tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trek the Polish High Tatras tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.