- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 40
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Christmas Markets: Be dazzled by the magic of Christmas with local handicrafts and festive treats.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotrščak Tower.
- Postojna Caves: Enter by minitrain into these worldfamous cave systems, before walking through an illuminated fairyland of stalactites and stalagmites.
- Ljubljana: Explore this elegant capital with your Local Expert, to see the castle City Hall, Cathedral of St Nicholas and Triple Bridge.
Discover Europe’s best fairy-tale Christmas Markets on this magical winter escapade. Join in the advent festivities in romantic Ljubljana and take in the views from Bratislava’s Castle in Slovakia’s capital. In Vienna explore one of Europe’s oldest Christmas market. Journey through the Bavarian Alps with their snow-capped mountains, musical Salzburg, the magical castle in Neuschwanstein, and on to heart-warming Munich.
Day 1: Welcome to Zagreb
Day 2: Zagreb sightseeing
Day 3: The Postojna Caves and Ljubljana
Day 4: Ljubljana sightseeing
Day 5: The Slovakian capital of Bratislava
Day 6: Bratislava sightseeing and Vienna
Day 7: Vienna sightseeing
Day 8: To Enchanting Salzburg
Day 9: The City of Mozart
Day 10: A scenic drive to Innsbruck
Day 11: Neuschwanstein and Oberammergau
Day 12: Munich
Day 13: Auf Wiedersehen Munich!
- Vienna: Toast your travels at your Celebration Dinner of Austrian specialties with wine.
- Innsbruck: Savour a traditional meal accompanied by local Tyrolean music and entertainment.
- Munich: Join your newfound friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer!
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 6 Dinners with Wine (DW)
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- Zagreb: Join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant with the opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant evening with wine.
- Vienna: Choose between a Waltz masterclass with a ballroom instructor, to test your dancing skills, or alternatively, join a guided tour of Schönbrunn Palace.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Ljubljana: Spend time with your Local Expert at the Christmas markets and learn about some of the festive Slovenian delicacies on display and relish in a tasting.
- Salzburg: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and taste the delicious Lebkuchen with a fragrant cup of Glühwein.
- Hall in Tirol: Perfectly situated in a 700-year-old building in the charming town of Hall in Tirol, savour a medieval banquet of Austrian specialties with wine.
- Innsbruck: Choose between a horse and carriage ride or alternatively, visit the magical world of Swarovski Crystal.
- Any international flights to Zagreb and from Munich are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Christmas Markets of Central Europe tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 186 today.
- Earn US$ 124+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Christmas Markets of Central Europe tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 September 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Christmas Markets of Central Europe tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Christmas Markets of Central Europe tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.