- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-29753
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Discover the World Heritage Site of Borobudur
- Enjoy beautiful trekking in the forests of East Java
- Journey to lush tea plantations with mountainous backdrops
- Experience an impressive sunrise trek of Mt Bromo
Explore the World Heritage Site of Borobudur Temple & trek through the striking landscapes of East Java where rugged volcanoes soar above the surrounding jungle. Join us on this trekking adventure through the beautiful forests of Eastern Java, as we ascend to climb the active Mount Welirang and Mount Arjuna before heading to Mount Bromo for an impressive sunrise hike. Anyone who visits Java cannot fail to be impressed by the string of volcanoes and dramatic mountain ranges which dominate the skyline of this island. Discover this dramatic tropical landscape starting in Yogyakarta, the centre of Javanese art and culture, and explore the World Heritage Site of Borobudur, an amazingly well-preserved monument richly adorned with impressive reliefs and Buddha statues. This journey offers the more discerning traveller a vivid and rewarding experience of an intensely striking land and culture, a tapestry of religions and historical influences and splendid landscapes that make it the enchanting 'Garden of the East'. What better way to end this exhilarating adventure than on the island of Bali.
Day 1 : Join Yogyakarta
Day 2 : Explore Yogyakarta & Borobudur
Day 3 : Train to Malang
Day 4 : Trek to Lembah Lengkean Base Camp
Day 5 : Trek to summit of Welirang Volcano (3,185m)
Day 6 : Trek to summit of Arjuna Volcano (3,339m)
Day 7 : Visit Lawang Tea Plantation, drive to Bromo
Day 8 : Sunrise hike, fly to Denpasar
- Comfortable accommodation on a twin share basis
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- Flight ticket Surabaya – Denpasar
- Private vehicles
- Expert bilingual driver/guide
- Fully supported camping during trek including sleeping bag & sleeping mat
- Porters whilst trekking
- Permits and park fees
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- International flights
- Departure taxes
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Expenses due to flight delays or cancellation
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratitudes
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 60+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Volcanoes of East Java tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 December 2023, a deposit of 305 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Volcanoes of East Java tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Volcanoes of East Java tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.
- How many days should you spend in Indonesia?
How much is the cost for a trip to Indonesia?
Depending on your travel style and accommodation, the average price of a trip to Indonesia for a solo US traveler for a week is around USD 1000-2500 including international flights. This equates to roughly USD 45 a day, but your activities, accommodations, and excursions may make this as high as USD 200 a day.
- What is the best time to go to Indonesia?
- Is Indonesia safe for tourists?
- Do I need a tourist visa for Indonesia?