- duration days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the World Heritage Site of Borobudur
- Beautiful trekking in the forests of East Java
- Journey to lush tea plantations with mountainous backdrops
- Take in an magnificent sunrise trek of Mt Bromo
Climb spectacular volcanoes and meet the famous Komodo Dragons of Rinca Island. The archipelago of Indonesia is rugged and exotic. A land of impressive volcanoes and the great Komodo Dragon, this section of the island chain from East Java, Bali, Lombok to Rinca is stunningly diverse. From lush tea plantations, barren volcanic summits to the wilds of Rinca, the home of the world's largest lizard. The World Heritage Site of Borobudur is an amazingly well-preserved monument richly adorned with impressive reliefs and Buddha statues. Our trekking adventure kicks off in the beautiful forests of Eastern Java, as we ascend to climb the active Mount Welirang and Mount Arjuna before heading to Mount Bromo for an impressive sunrise hike. Next we head to Rinca Island, the home of the fearsome Komodo Dragon. For many the highlight of this region is an ascent of spectacular Mount Rinjani (3726m), Indonesia's second highest volcano, semi active and held in awe by the islanders. We trek to the crater rim with amazing views over Segara Anak, the crater lake. We wake up for a breathtaking sunrise and fabulous views. What better way than to end this adventure than on the island of Bali.
Day 1 : Join Yogyakarta
Day 2 : Tour of Yogyakarta and Borobudur
Day 3 : Journey from Yogyakarta to Malang
Day 4 : Trek to Lembah Kijang base camp
Day 5 : Trek to summit of Welirang Volcano (3156m)
Day 6 : Trek to summit of Arjuna (3339m)
Day 7 : Visit Lawang Tea Plantation, drive to Bromo
Day 8 : Sunrise trek, Bromo to Tuban
Day 9 : Fly to Labuan Bajo and boat to Komodo Island
Day 10 : Boat to Rinca Island and search for Komodo Dragons
Day 11 : Fly to Lombok
Day 12 : Tetebatu
Day 13 : Trek in Mount Rinjani National Park
Day 14 : Sunrise trek and transfer to Senggigi
Day 15 : Departure Lombok airport, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on twin share basis
- 14 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 6 dinners
- Internal flight Bali/Surabaya, Bali/Labuhan Bajo and Labuhan Bajo/Lombok valued at US$326
- Private transportation
- Public ferry crossings
- Expert bilingual guides
- Medical kit
- Private wooden boat to and from Rinca Island
- Fully supported camping during treks including sleeping bag and mat
- Porters whilst trekking
- Permits and park fees
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in the itinerary
- international flights
- departure taxes
- items of personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- expenses due to flight delay or cancellation
- travel insurance
- tips and gratitudes
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 197 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 131 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 323 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 28 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Volcanoes and Dragons of Indonesia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Volcanoes and Dragons of Indonesia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.