- Art and architecture
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Yogyakarta: This city ranks as one of the bestpreserved and most attractive in Java, with its ‘Kraton’ (the Sultan's Palace), the centre of Yogya's traditional life
- Prambanan: The breathtaking temples at Prambanan date back to the ninth century
- Makassar: Wellknown for its handicrafts, which include silk, gold and silver filigree, woodcarvings, pearls and beads
- Toraja: Admire its villages of elaborate houses with towering roofs, surrounded by terraces of green rice paddies
The three most precious islands of Indonesia will allow you to discover the great cultural diversity of Indonesia in depth. Begin in Yogyakarta, the centre of art and traditional Javanese culture. Cross to Celebes, also known as Sulawesi, to meet the Bugis people and immerse yourself in the ancient traditions of the Toraja tribe. The final journey is to Ubud, in the heart of Bali, to explore this traditional village and surrounds. Visit the highlight, Kintamani, and take in the beautiful scenery of Mount and Lake Batur. Don’t forget the mother temple, Besakih, with the majestic Mount Agung as the backdrop. Three distinct Indonesian islands all with their own charm to discover.
Day 1: Arrive Yogyakarta (15km – 30 Min)
Day 2: Yogyakarta: Borobudur Temple – Sultan’s Palace – Javanese Shaman (90km – 4 Hrs)
Day 3: Yogyakarta: Mount Merapi – Kaliadem Cycling – Prambanan (105km – 4 Hrs)
Day 4: Yogyakarta – Makassar (60km – 2.5 Hrs By Flight / Not Included)
Day 5: Makassar – Toraja (330km – 9 Hrs)
Day 6: Toraja (55km – 3 Hrs)
Day 7: Toraja (60 Km – 3 Hrs)
Day 8: Toraja – Makassar (330km – 9 Hrs)
Day 9: Makassar – Ubud (65km – 3 Hrs By Flight / Not Included)
Day 10: Ubud
Day 11: Ubud – Tegalalang – Kintamani – Besakih – Ubud (105km – 4.5 Hrs)
Day 12: Ubud – Departure Denpasar (35km – 1.5 Hrs)
- 11 nights at your selected hotel category
- 11 Breakfasts; 9 lunches; and 7 dinners
- Air-conditioned transportation throughout the tour
- Operated with English-speaking qualified guides.
- All entrance fee and activities indicated in the itinerary: Borobudur Temple with bicycle tour, Sultan’s Palace, shaman reading, Mount Merapi tour, rice paddy bike tour, Prambanan, Fort Rotterdam, Paotere Harbour, Balla Lompoa Museum, Lemo and Suaya villages, Londa village, Ketekesu, Batutumonga trek, Tirta Empul temple, Gunung Kawi temple, Lake and Mount Batur, Besakih temple, barong dance performance
- Domestic flight tickets (day 4 and day 9)
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- International flight tickets or Indonesia visa fees (if any)
- Airport taxes for domestic and international flights (if any)
- Gratuities for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Best Of Three Islands, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 November 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Best Of Three Islands, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Best Of Three Islands, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.