- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Garni Walk into an impressive basalt gorge overlooked by a 1st century Hellenistic temple
- Lake Sevan Enjoy the sublime beauty of the largest lake in the Caucasus region
- Tbilisi Wander through the Old Town of Georgia's cosmopolitan capital
- Vardzia Discover a fascinating and remote 12th century cave city carved out of a cliff
Travel through the Caucasus region and discover the diversity of a land straddling two continents. Explore lively cities, discover ancient cultures, walk through spectacular mountain scenery and indulge in hearty local cuisine on this journey through the ages. Georgia - Explore medieval Tblisi and sample wine in Kakheti Armenia - Wander through ancient monasteries and stay in the shadow of Mount Ararat Extension - Add on an optional extension to explore contrasting Azerbaijan
Day 1 : Join tour Yerevan
Day 2 : From Yerevan visit the Holy City of Echmiadzin
Day 3 : From Yerevan visit sites of Garni and Geghard
Day 4 : From Yerevan visit Amberd Fortress
Day 5 : Drive to Lake Sevan via monasteries and winery
Day 6 : Drive to Tbilisi via Monastery of Haghpat
Day 7 : Drive via Mtskheta to Kutaisi
Day 8 : From Kutaisi, full day visit to the Black Sea town of Batumi
Day 9 : Drive to UNESCO monastery at Gelati, continue onto Akhaltsikhe via Prometheus Grotto
Day 10 : From Akhaltsikhe - visit the cave town of Vardzia
Day 11 : Drive through the Borjomi gorge to Stalin's birthplace. Continue onto Gudauri
Day 12 : In Gudauri, day walk in the Kazbegi Mountains and visit Gergeti Trinity Church
Day 13 : Drive to Tblisi, afternoon tour of Georgia's ancient capital
Day 14 : Free morning in Tblisi, afternoon drive to Telavi in the Kakheti wine region
Day 15 : Visit the farmer's market and wine factory. Drive back to Tblisi after home-cooked lunch
Day 16 : Trip ends, Tblisi
- 12 nights comfortable hotel
- 3 nights simple guesthouse
- 15 Breakfast, 5 Lunch, 6 Dinner
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Yerevan and from Tbilisi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Best of Georgia and Armenia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 136 today.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Best of Georgia and Armenia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 258 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 29 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Best of Georgia and Armenia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Best of Georgia and Armenia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.