- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See Mount Ararat towering over Yerevan
- Explore spectacular monasteries in Armenia including Khor Virap
- Visit UNESCO churches and fortresses in Georgia
- Walk amongst the preChristian cave houses in Uplistsikhe
The monasteries, churches and cathedrals of Georgia and Armenia are amongst the oldest in the world. Many are built in stunning locations, surrounded by gardens and forests, perched on top of dramatic gorges or silhouetted before snowcapped mountains. The range of scenery is immense, from Mount Ararat towering majestically over the skyline of Yerevan, to the lush valleys of ancient vineyards across the lowlands of Georgia. Here, wine has been produced for almost 10,000 years and there is the opportunity to visit one of its most famous wine cellars.
Day 1: Start Yerevan
Day 2: Full day exploring Yerevan and the surrounding area.
Day 3: Morning visit to Geghard Monastery and Garni pagan temple; afternoon visit
to Vernissage market.
Day 4: Khor Virap Monastery; wine tasting at Areni village; visit Noravank
monastery; to Goris.
Day 5: Silk Road and Lake Sevan via Selim caravanserai and Noraduz.
Day 6: To Sevanavank and Haghartsin Monasteries; to Haghpat.
Day 7: Visit medieval churches at Haghpat and Sanahin before crossing into Georgia;
Day 8: Walking tour of Tbilisi; free afternoon; Georgian folk show.
Day 9: To Kazbegi village for views of Mt. Kazbek; alpine walk to Gergeti Trinity
Church; on to Gudauri.
Day 10: To Uplistsikhe pre-Christian cave town; onto Gori, birthplace of Stalin;
Day 11: Explore Sataplia Cave; visit UNESCO-listed Gelati Monastery; finish in
Day 12: Visit Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park and Mtskheta; drive back to Tbilisi;
free evening in the Georgian capital.
Day 13: Visit Sighnaghi and the wine region of Kakheti; lunch and wine tasting with a
local family; return to Tbilisi.
Day 14: Finish Tbilisi
- 12 nights staying in hotels and 1 night in a guesthouse (en suite facilities throughout) , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches, 4 dinners
- Travel by private minibus
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Any international flights to Yerevan and from Tbilisi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Georgia & Armenia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 107+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Georgia & Armenia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 305 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 31 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Georgia & Armenia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Georgia & Armenia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.