- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Prepare your own tolma (vinewrapped rice and mince), feast on succulent khorovats (Armenian pork barbecue) and visit a distillery to taste legendary Armenian brandy at the source.
- Stay overnight in a local guesthouse in Gudauri, sitting down to a traditional meal with the family who run it.
- Familiarise yourself with the local life in Telavi and make 'mtsvadi' (grilled pork skewers) then indulge in 'churchkhela', a delicious Georgian sweet!
- Discover the World Heritagelisted church and cathedral in Mtskheta, Georgia’s spiritual heart since Christianity was established in 301.
Discover the punchy, herbaceous flavours of Armenia and Georgia on this food adventure. Sitting on the cusp of the Middle East and Eastern Europe, these two countries bring a knowledge, pride and tradition to their cuisine that stretches back centuries. Begin the journey in Yerevan, contrasting traditional Armenian barbecue, grilled trout and tolma with the many spicy aromas of the local market – and of course a drop or two of fine Armenian brandy. Continue the adventure in Georgia, where the charming facades of Tbilisi and the snow-dusted peaks of the Caucasus are the backdrop for culinary adventures, both hands-on and leisurely. Enjoy Adjarian-style khachapuri (cheese pie), hearty chaqafuli (beef or lamb in plumb sauce), mtsvadi (meat skewers in marinated in spices and pomegranate), churchkhela (nutty Georgian candy), khinkali (Georgian dumplings) – all washed down with a delicious array of Georgia’s famous local wines.
- Hotel (9 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Private Bus , Public Bus
- An expert tour leader
- Yerevan - Welcome Dinner
- Yerevan - Local market visit
- Yerevan - City Tour
- Garni - Lunch in a Local Home
- Geghard - Geghard Monastery
- Garni - Temple of Garni
- Garni - Lavash making demonstration
- Vagharshapat - Tolma cooking class and lunch
- Vagharshapat - Zvartnots Temple
- Vagharshapat - Etchmiadzin Cathedral
- Yerevan - Brandy Factory visit and tasting
- Yerevan - The Armenian Alphabet Monument
- Aparan - Gntunik Bakery Visit
- Akhtala - Akhtala Village Visit
- Tbilisi - City tour
- Tbilisi - Khachapuri tasting
- Gremi - Architectural Complex
- Kvareli - Barbecue lunch with a local family
- Kvareli - Kondoli Winery Visit
- Kvareli - Traditional Churchkhela demonstration
- Mtskheta - Jvari Church & Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
- Ananuri - Architectural Complex
- Tbilisi - Family cooking class & lunch
- Stepantsminda - Gergeti Trinity Church Hike
- Stepantsminda - Khinkali Cooking Class (Georgian Dumplings)
- Tbilisi - Farewell Dinner
- Any international flights to Yerevan and from Tbilisi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Armenia & Georgia Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Armenia & Georgia Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 23 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Armenia & Georgia Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Armenia & Georgia Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- You will reach a significant altitude on this trip (2200 metres at the highest point), so a good level of fitness is required for the hiking in Gudauri. That said, alternative activities can often be arranged for those who would prefer not to hike.
- Photography of sensitive sites such as military bases and power installations is prohibited. You may be charged a photo fee at some tourist sites. It’s important to be aware of cultural sensitivities when photographing churches and other religious sites.
- As we don't want you to miss anything, the itinerary is densely packed, so you'll be busy squeezing in as many sights and activities as you can. Take the downtime when you can for relaxing or independent exploration.
- On some days there’s a lot of walking between sites and around towns and cities. While it can be tiring to be on your feet, this is the best way to see a destination. Comfortable, sturdy walking shoes will be your best friend.
- You will have two different leaders for this trip – one for Armenia and one for Georgia. They’ll change over at the border crossing on day 4.
- There is a chance of potential changes to the itinerary due to heavy rain, flooding and snow at higher altitudes, which often affect roads and bridges, making travel difficult or impossible (particularly in remote areas).
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal