- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Immerse yourself in Yangon culture and traditions
- Explore Chaukhtetkyi Pagoda and its revered reclining Buddha
- Wander through a local residential neighbourhood and the beautiful Kandawgyi Park
- Marvel at the beauty of the Shwedagon Pagoda and its iconic golden dome
Find out why people from all over are flocking to Burma on this grassroots Yangon tour. Get in touch with Burma's unique traditions and culture via visits to pagodas, parks, museums, and markets.
Ready to see what all the fuss is about? Burma (Myanmar) has a truly fascinating history, tradition, and culture, and this Yangon city tour will give you the opportunity to explore some of the city’s icons and better understand local life here.
Meet your local, English-speaking guide, jump in our van, and head to Chaukhtetkyi Pagoda, home to a reclining Buddha that's one of the most honoured in the country and one of the largest in all of Myanmar.
Your cultural tour of Yangon will continue with a walk through the local residential area, through Kandawgyi Park. Along the way, your guide will share local stories and anecdotes, as well as answer the many questions you likely have about local life in the city. We’ll pause for a tea break and people watching before heading into the Shwedagon Pagoda.
Inside the eastern entrance of the Pagoda you’ll find a very different type of local market, which will give you an idea of how significant Buddhism is in daily life here in Burma. After enjoying the market for a bit, we’ll climb a long, stair-filled corridor up to the Pagoda platform, accompanied by your guide’s explanation of locals’ unique Buddhist beliefs.
The magnificent golden dome of the Pagoda rises an impressive 98 metres above its base and is said to have been covered with tons and tons of pure gold, along with numerous precious stones such as jade, rubies, sapphires, and diamonds. Humbling in its beauty, the Pagoda dome is one of the city’s most iconic places, and is the perfect spot in which to cap off a Yangon city tour of tradition and culture.
After sufficient time exploring the Pagoda and its dome, we’ll meet our van and head back to the meeting point, about a thirty-minute drive away. Should you wish to remain at the Pagoda, you are welcome to do so, however you will be responsible for your own transportation back into the centre of town.
- Coach transportation + driver
- Local English speaking guide
- Entry fee to temple and pagoda
- Local tea/coffee.
- Items of a personal nature
- additional food and drink
- tips / gratuities for your guide and driver.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Tradition and Culture in Yangon tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tradition and Culture in Yangon tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tradition and Culture in Yangon tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Independence Monument in Maha Bandula Park, Downtown YangoMeeting end point :
Independence Monument in Maha Bandula Park, Downtown YangoCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.