- Cooking classes
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Local boat rides
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Spend an afternoon touring the temple town of Bagan by bicycle. This is a fantastic way to see the thousands of spectacular temples, stupas and pagodas.
- Join a homegrown master of Burmese cuisine as you stock up on market ingredients, cook up a storm in a cooking class, then feast on the results – all the while supporting a community library initiative.
- Enjoy an actionpacked activity schedule in Mandalay. Visit the magnificent Mandalay Palace, tour a local village and monastery, and discover the hilltop pagodas of Sagaing.
- Explore Inle Lake on a peaceful canoe trip, followed by a boat tour of its floating islands and local village industries.
Discover the magic and myth of Myanmar on a nine-day journey through some of its very best sights. Bookend your adventure in beautiful Yangon, where the golden Shwedagon Pagoda glitters in the sunset, and experience the many facets of Myanmar's heart and soul in between – tranquil temples, home-cooked cuisine, grassroots culinary wizardry, floating lake islands and the local handmade industry. Many modes of transport, from plane to bike to canoe, make for a convenient, exhilarating and authentic adventure across this enchanting land, as you discover a country that embodies the South East Asia of twenty years ago.
- Hotel (8 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches
- Bicycle , Boat , Canoe , Plane , Private minbus
- An expert tour leader
- Bagan - Temple bike tour
- Bagan - Local cooking class
- Mandalay - Shwenandaw Teak Monastery
- Mandalay - Boat trip to Mingun
- Mandalay - U Bein Bridge
- Meikhtila Village - Community Based Tourism Visit
- Meikhtila Village - Community Based Tourism Lunch
- Inle Lake - Boat trip & village tour
- Inle Lake - Canoe tour
- Yangon - Shwedagon Pagoda and Oil Lamp Lighting
- Any international flights to/from Yangon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Myanmar Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 62+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Myanmar Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Myanmar Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Myanmar Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This nine-day 'highlights' trip is perfect for travellers seeking a taste of Myanmar over a short period. If you're looking for something more immersive, consider the longer Best of Myanmar trip, or perhaps spend extra time in beautiful Yangon.
- There are 2 days of travelling by road in a private minibus, from Mandalay to Bagan (5 hours), and Mandalay to Inle Lake (9.5 hours). It's a great chance to soak up the beautiful scenery.
- There's a fair amount of walking involved – sometimes barefoot, and sometimes up steep steps to catch incredible views. Note also that many religious sites require footwear to be removed before entry.
- Myanmar can get hot and humid, even in winter. The hottest and driest months are March and April, while there tends to be higher levels of rainfall from May to late October. During this time humidity is typically high. Keep this in mind if planning to travel during summer.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions