- duration 21 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Journey through some of the most ethnically diverse parts of Asia. After years of closed borders, travellers are now welcome in Myanmar, where roads lead north to the Chinese frontier and its beautiful Yunnan province set in the southern foothills of the mighty Himalayas.
Day 1: Arrive Yangon
Days 2-3: Yangon and on to Inle Lake via Heho
Days 4-5: Nyaung-U (Bagan)
Days 6-7: Mandalay
Day 8: Mandalay to Pyin Oo Lwin
Day 9: To Hsipaw
Day 10: Return to Mandalay
Day 11: To Dali via Kunming
Day 12-13: Dali
Day 14: Lijiang
Days 15-16: Lijiang and Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 17: Lijiang and to Kunming
Day 18: Kunming
Day 19: Kunming to Shilin (stone forest)
Day 20-21: Yuanyang to Kunming – Journey Concludes
- 18 hotels (twin share)2 train nights (4-berth) Optional single supplement available for hotel stays on this journey. – prices available on request.
- 18 breakfasts
- All arrival transfers
- Sightseeing for this journey is not included to give you the flexibility to arrange this locally. Sundowners Overland can arrange this for you in advance. Please contact our Travel Advisors to arrange this service.
- 24/7 support is available in the office and on the ground.
- Any international flights to Yangon and from Kunming are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Myanmar and Yunnan Explorer - Independent tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 221+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Myanmar and Yunnan Explorer - Independent tour. You can cancel the tour up to 80 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 79 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 631 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 79 days before departure. For any departures within 12 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Myanmar and Yunnan Explorer - Independent tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Myanmar and Yunnan Explorer - Independent tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.