- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Inle Lake: The second biggest lake in Myanmar, famous for its unique leg rowers and floating villages and gardens.
Myanmar, the extraordinary land, covered by the sacred Buddhist temples and traditional Asian remains. Travel around this scenic landscape on your own way and live your real local experience. Start in the capital Yangon and get a spell of the Buddhist atmosphere while exploring its unique religious sites. Set off through the temple plains while taking an e-bike tour through the rural corners of Bagan, and admire the rowing technique of the fishermen while sailing down the tranquil serene Inle Lake. Trace local steps in traditional weaving town of Inpawkhone, and learn to prepare delicious local specialities during your cooking class with the local chef. Explore the hidden charms of the cities with pagodas, archaeological sites and local hospitality of this fascinating country during this nine-day tour.
Day 1: Arrival Yangon
Day 2: Yangon – Bagan (10 Hrs In Overnight Bus; Included)
Day 3: Bagan
Day 4: Bagan
Day 5: Bagan – Mandalay (5 Hrs In Bus; Included)
Day 6: Mandalay – Nyaung Shwe/inle Lake (10 Hrs In Overnight Bus; Included)
Day 7: Nyaung Shwe/inle Lake
Day 8: Nyaung Shwe/inle Lake – Yangon (12 Hrs In Overnight Bus; Included)
Day 9: Departure Yangon
- 5 night’s hotel accommodation
- 3 overnights in the public bus
- 5 Breakfasts (on day 2, 4, 5, 6, 8)
- 1 Lunch at cooking class on day 7
- Water and refreshing towel
- Private transfer from Yangon Airport to hotel in Yangon on day 1
- Private transfer from Bagan bus station to hotel in Bagan on day 3
- Private transfer from Mandalay bus station to hotel in Mandalay on day 5
- 4x First Class Express Bus tickets (Yangon – Bagan on day 2; Bagan – Mandalay on day 5; Mandalay - Nyaung Shwe on day 6; Nyaung Shwe – Yangon on day 8)
- Operated with English-speaking local guides during the activities on day 2, day 3, day 7 and day 8.
- Private motorised boat for sightseeing on Inle Lake on Day 8
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Yangon Half-Day Sightseeing tour (Day 2); Bagan e-bike tour (Day 3); cooking class (Day 7); Inle Lake motorboat excursion (Day 8)
- Meet & Greet (Day 1, 3, 5)
- Porter fees at airports
- Departure transfer from the bus station to Yangoon airport
- International or domestic flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Zone fees of Bagan, Mandalay, and Inle Lake
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Any optional tours
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 19+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Live Like A Local tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Live Like A Local tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Live Like A Local tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.