- duration 7 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Dive right into the middle of local life in Yangon
- Jump on the local commuter rail network and transit through the entire metropolitan area
- Visit a bustling, lively local vegetable market and rub elbows with locals
- Taste local Burmese cuisine at our favourite lunch spot and visit a local tea shop
Ride the rails with a local guide on this Yangon tour which takes you out of the city centre, into neighbourhoods not often seen by tourists. See Chinatown and Little India, as well as markets, shops, and spiritual spots with the train providing the perfect loop for seeing and experiencing them all.
At 8.30AM, your guide will come and pick you up at the meeting point and will take you to St.Mary Cathedral by walking about 15mins. Visit the church, learn its history and another 10mins walk will take you to Yangon Central Railway station. Jump on the circular train which is very popular among the local especially vendors. You will be the only one foreigner on the train. Now, it is the best time for local interaction, your guide will be conductor and interpret for you. You will also have a chance to try local snack which sell on train. After riding about 1 hour, we will get to Insein Station. Get off and on another train for a short ride to the highlight of this tour, Danyingone Wet market. Visit around the market, which is crowded with local people, see the colorful local products, learn their daily life. Before we take the train, we will have a few mins to spend at a local tea shop and you will have an opportunity to taste the local tea. Another short ride to Insein station, walk around 10 mins, stop at a local restaurant and treat your stomach with delicious foods before we head back to Yangon. Another 1 hr train ride will take you back to Yangon. Tour ends at Yangon Central Railway station around 2.30PM. From where, your guide will help you to take taxi or cab to your hotel or recommend more places for your own exploration in Yangon.
- And lunch
- Local English-speaking guide
- Train fare
- Entrance fee of St.Mary Cathedral
- Items of a personal nature
- additional food and drink
- tips / gratuities for your guide and driver.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Let Yangon Take You For a Ride tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 December 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Let Yangon Take You For a Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Let Yangon Take You For a Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
At Independence Monument In Maha Bandula Park, Downtown YangoMeeting end point :
Yangon Central Railway Station (Kunchan Road) in Downtown YangoCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.