- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bago: Burma’s wealthiest and most powerful city, dating as far back as the 12th century.
- Mt. Popa: The spiritual center to Myanmar’s infamous ‘37 nat’ and the most popular location in the country for nat worship.
- Amarapura: An ancient capital built on the advice of astrologers.
- Inle Lake: The second biggest lake in Myanmar, famous for its unique leg rowers and floating villages and gardens.
Join this fascinating twelve-day tour of Myanmar and explore some of the country’s greatest landmarks. Start in the capital Yangon and get a spell of the Buddhist atmosphere while exploring Shwedagon and Sule Pagodas. Refreshing foodies at Bogyoke Market take you to discover traditional flavours and typical local handmade products. Make a pilgrimage to one of the most sacred temples in Myanmar, Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, locally known as the ‘Golden Rock´ and light a candle or meditate at this gravity-defying golden rock topped with a stupa. Walk across the oldest and longest teakwood bridge in the world in Amarapura and admire the tranquil picturesque landscape while floating across the Inle Lake, observing the leg rowers fishermen. Our tour combines the history with the current life convoluted with the Buddhist tradition and will give you a little background of this fascinating country.
Day 1: Arrival Yangon
Day 2: Yangon – Bago - Kyaikhtiyo (195 Km – 4.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Kyaikhtiyo – Yangon (195 Km – 4.5 Hrs) – Heho (1.5 By Plane; Included) – Nyaung Shwe/inle Lake (35 Km – 1 Hrs)
Day 4: Inle Lake
Day 5: Inle Lake – Pindaya – Heho (100 Km – 2.5 Hrs) – Mandalay (0.5 Hrs By Plane; Included)
Day 6: Mandalay – Mingun – Mandalay (80 Km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 7: Mandalay – Amarpura – Sagaing – Mandalay (50 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 8: Mandalay – Bagan (11.5 Hrs By Cruise; Included)
Day 9: Bagan
Day 10: Bagan – Mount Popa – Bagan (120 Km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 11: Bagan – Yangon (1.5 Hrs By Plane, Included)
Day 12: Departure Yangon
- 11 nights’ accommodation
- 11 Breakfasts
- Water and refreshing towel
- Arrival private transfer from Yangon Airport to hotel in Yangon
- Air-conditioned private transport throughout the tour (except Kyaikhtiyo, transfer by open non-air-conditioned vehicles)
- 3 domestic flights (Yangon – Heho on day 3/ Heho - Mandalay on day 5/ Bagan - Yangon on day 11)
- Departure private transfer from hotel in Yangon to Yangon
- Operated with English-speaking local guides throughout the tour
- Fully guided English/German/French/Spanish/Italian/Russian/Korean/Japanese or Thai speaking tour guide upon booking optional extra
- Private longtail boat for sightseeing on Inle Lake on day 4
- Private motorized boat for Mandalay – Mingun – Mandalay on day 6
- Cruise Mandalay – Bagan on day 8
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Yangon City tour (Day 1); Bago excursion and Golden Rock (Day 2); Inle Lake boat trip (Day 4); Pindaya sightseeing tour and Mandalay half-day tour (Day 5); Mingun excursion (Day 6); Mandalay - Amapura - Sagaing sightseeing tour (Day 7); Bagan sightseeing tour (Day 9); Mount Popa excursion (Day 10)
- Meet & Greet (Day 1, 3, 5, 8 and 11)
- Porter fees at airports
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Any optional tours
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems, security reasons, or Corona restrictions.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Journey To The Magical Myanmar, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Journey To The Magical Myanmar, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Journey To The Magical Myanmar, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.