- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Inle Lake: The second biggest lake in Myanmar, famous for its unique leg rowers and floating villages and gardens.
Join our ten days tour and discover some of Myanmar´s greatest landmarks. Start in the capital Yangon and get a spell of the Buddhist presence while exploring Shwedagon and Sule Pagodas. Refreshing foodies at Bogyoke Market take you to discover traditional flavours and typical local handmade products. Climb up to Monte Popa accompanied by the curious monkeys and walk across the longest teakwood bridge in the world in Amarapura. Learn all about the traditional fishing techniques of leg rowers, discover the secrets of the floating gardens in the Inle Lake, and meditate at one of the most sacred temples in Myanmar, Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, locally known as the ‘Golden Rock,’ gravity-defying golden rock topped with a stupa.
Day 1: Arrival Yangon
Day 2: Yangon – Mandalay (630 Km – 8 Hrs)
Day 3: Mandalay– Sagaing – Amarapura – Mandalay (50 Km – 2 Hrs)
Day 4: Mandalay – Mount Popa – Bagan (250 Km - 5.5 Hrs)
Day 5: Bagan
Day 6: Bagan – Nyaung Shwe/inle Lake (335 Km – 7 Hrs)
Day 7: Nyaung Shwe/inle Lake
Day 8: Nyaung Shwe/inle Lake – Pindaya – Taungoo (435 Km – 9.5 Hrs)
Day 9: Taungoo – Golden Rock (295 Km – 5 Hrs)
Day 10: Golden Rock – Departure Yangon (190 Km – 4 Hrs)
- 9 nights’ accommodation
- 9 Breakfasts
- Water and refreshing towel
- Arrival private transfer from Yangon Airport to hotel in Yangon
- Air-conditioned private transport throughout the tour (except Golden Rock, transfer by open non-air-conditioned vehicles)
- Departure private transfer from hotel in Golden Rock to Yangon Airport
- Operated with English-speaking local guides throughout the tour
- Fully guided English/German/French/Spanish/Italian/Russian/Korean/Japanese or Thai speaking tour guide upon booking optional extra
- Private motorised boat for sightseeing on Inle Lake on Day 7
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Yangon city tour (Day 1), Mandalay - Sagaing- Amarapura excursion (Day 3), Mount Popa excursion (Day 4), Bagan sightseeing tour (Day 5), Inle lake boat excursion (Day 7), Pindaya sightseeing tour (Day 8), Golden Rock (9)
- Meet & Greet
- Porter fees at airports
- International nor domestic flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Any optional tours
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Journey To The Land Of Enlightenment - Myanmar, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Journey To The Land Of Enlightenment - Myanmar, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Journey To The Land Of Enlightenment - Myanmar, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.