- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The mystical temples of Bagan
- Yangon's colonial charm and glittering Shwedagon Pagoda
- U‐Bein Bridge at sunrise
- Inle Lake's legrowing fishermen
In the words of Kipling, 'this is Burma and it is unlike any land you know'. This may be even truer today when we arrive on two wheels in Bagan, one of Asia’s holiest cities, giving you the chance to explore this cultural nerve centre of a country only recently emerging from international isolation. Our route takes us to the tranquil Inle Lake with its famous local markets, the striking countryside of the Shan Highlands and the central plains around Mandalay. The key sites are joined up by some fantastic rural cycling in the more remote areas where tourists are still very much a novelty and villagers will be keen to greet you on your cycling adventure.
Day 1: Start Yangon.
Day 2: Fly to Heho and drive to Inle Lake; short ride.
Day 3: Cycle to Inthein pagodas, then cruise on Inle Lake past craft industries and
local markets, and see the famous leg-rowing fishermen.
Day 4: Ride to minority villages around Inle Lake.
Day 5: Cycle across Shan Highland to Pindaya; visit Pindaya caves.
Day 6: Drive and cycle to Mandalay.
Day 7: Ride to Mingun and return to Mandalay by boat.
Day 8: Visit U-Bein Bridge; cycle/drive to Monywa; visit cave of a thousand Buddhas.
Day 9: Drive and cycle to Pakkoku; boat ride on Irrawaddy River to Bagan.
Day 10: Explore Bagan temple complex by bike.
Day 11: Cycle to Mt Popa, option to cycle or drive back to Bagan.
Day 12: *Free morning (optional ride); afternoon flight to Yangon. *
Day 13: Yangon city tour including the old colonial areas of this former capital.
Day 14: End Yangon.
- 13 nights hotels , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 dinner
- 11 days cycling (including one optional ride) with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 95% tarmac, 5% unsurfaced sections
- Route mostly backroads and a few main roads with minimal traffic
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 years
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Yangon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Myanmar (Burma) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Myanmar (Burma) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 26 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Myanmar (Burma) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Myanmar (Burma) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.