- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Bask in the golden glow of Yangon's giant Shwedagon Pagoda
- Get off the beaten track and into Myanmar’s past cycling around Bagan's templestrewn landscape
- Ride through toddy forest towards Mount Popa, a volcano in the Pegu Range that's revered as the spiritual home of Myanmar's nats
- Ditch the Gatorade and rehydrate with fresh coconut and fruit juice
With its softly rolling terrain, quiet roads, abundance of outdoor attractions and idyllic rural countryside, Myanmar is the perfect place to get to know by bike. After a couple of days checking out Yangon's attractions, head north to the ancient city of Bagan – a landscape defined by thousands of ornate ochre-coloured temples. Cycle through toddy forest to Mount Popa, the reputed home of the country's spirits, watch fishermen working their trade on Inle Lake and creep through limestone caves stocked with Buddha effigies. Exploring Myanmar and its provincial backroads by bike opens up the country's essence in myriad ways.
- Hotel (11 nights), guesthouse (1 night)
- 12 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Bicycle , Support vehicle , Plane , Boat
- An expert tour leader
- Yangon - Walking tour
- Yangon - Kandawgyi Lake
- Yangon - Shwedagon Pagoda
- Bagan - Temple bike tour
- Mt Popa visit
- Inle Lake - Traditional Shan dinner
- Mandalay - Mandalay Hill
- Mandalay - U Bein Bridge
- Mandalay - Boat trip to Mingun
- Mingun Paya
- Mandalay - Kuthodaw Paya
- Inle Lake - Pindaya Caves
- Inle Lake - Red Mountain Estate Winery Tasting
- Inle Lake - Boat trip & village tour
- Any international flights to/from Yangon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Myanmar (Burma) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 64+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Myanmar (Burma) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Myanmar (Burma) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Myanmar (Burma) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
- While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short and the terrain relatively flat the climate is warm and often humid so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
- As our riding is done on a mixture of sealed and gravel roads there are no technical cycling skills required - but given the gravel sections we do suggest practicing riding off-road so you are comfortable with this once the trips begins.
- There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
- The weather in this region can be varied depending on the season. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal