- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the beauty of this untouched country at handlebar level
- Cycle around Bagan, home to one of the finest collection of temples in South East Asia
- Walk amongst the wonders at Sagaing, home to 600 pagodas and monasteries
- Discover by bike the beautiful scenery of Inle Lake
Explore the rich cultural diversity of Myanmar by bike. Few can argue that Myanmar is a gem of a destination. We explore at handle bar level this friendly land, where exceptional hospitality is guaranteed. After flying to Mandalay, our cycling adventure starts in earnest in with a ride on the outskirts before returning by boat on the Irrawaddy River. Our cycling continues through timeless villages where we observe traditional lifestyles enroute to Bagan, home to one of the finest collection of temples in South East Asia. Exploring at a gentle pace, this magnificent region uncovers ancient pagodas and temples of a bygone era with intricate carvings, murals and astonishing architecture. At sacred Mount Popa, the abode of 'Nats', known as 'Spirits of Ancient Ancestors' we leave our bikes and climb the 700 steps for stunning panoramic views from the golden temple at its summit. Last but not least, Inle Lake with its bustling local markets, handicrafts and stilted villages provides a perfect and relaxing conclusion to this inspiring adventure.
Day 1 : Arrive Yangon
Day 2 : Fly to Mandalay
Day 3 : Cycle outskirts of Mandalay (65km)
Day 4 : Cycle and transfer to Meiktila (45km)
Day 5 : Cycle to Mt Popa (50-70km)
Day 6 : Mt Popa to Bagan (45km)
Day 7 : Bagan
Day 8 : Fly to Heho and drive to Inle Lake cycle (35km)
Day 9 : Inle Lake
Day 10 : Drive to Heho, fly to Yangon
Day 11 : In Yangon, trip concludes
- 3 star comfortable accommodation on twin share basis
- 10 breakfasts and 9 lunches
- Internal flights Yangon/Mandalay and Bagan/Heho/Yangon valued at US$354
- Private vehicles
- Support vehicle and bike mechanic on cycling days
- Airport transfer on arrival day 1 and departure day 11 only
- Expert bilingual guides throughout for groups of 8 or more. For smaller groups of 4 - 7 passengers we employ local guides in each location
- Medical kit
- 21 gear bike on cycling days
- Sightseeing and entry fees as per itinerary
- Boat trip on Irrawaddy River and Inle Lake
- International airfares
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Safety Approved Bike Helmet (compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not indicated in the program
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Myanmar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Myanmar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Myanmar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.