- Bicycle tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The road less travelled Discover untouched Burma by bike
- Rangoon (Yangon) Colonial grandeur, golden temples and street markets
- Bagan Explore one of South East Asia's most spectacular archaeological sites by bicycle
- Inle Lake Longtail boat trips and cycle rides across the Shan Plateau
A cycling holiday that uncovers the scenic beauty and cultural highlights of Burma. Get off the beaten track and closer to the wonderfully friendly local people with bike rides between Mandalay, stilt villages of Inle Lake and the temple-studded plains of ancient Bagan. We also cruise the mighty Irrawaddy River. Inle Lake - Discover floating gardens, stilted villages and leg-rowing fishermen Rangoon (Yangon) - Colonial grandeur, guilded temples and street markets Shan Highlands - Hilltribe villages and former British hill station of Kalaw
Day 1 : Join trip Rangoon (Yangon)
Day 2 : Fly to Heho and explore Inle Lake by boat
Day 3 : Ride around Inle Lake to Nampan village; optional wine tasting
Day 4 : Cycle Inle Lake to Aung Ban via Indein Pagodas; drive to Kalaw
Day 5 : Ride north to Pindaya; Visit Pindaya Caves
Day 6 : Cycle backroads to Myaing then drive to Mandalay
Day 7 : Morning ride then Irrawaddy Boat back to Mandalay
Day 8 : Visit Ubein Bridge followed by a tour of Mandalay city
Day 9 : Mandalay to Chaung U village, cycle to Monywa via Thanbudday complex
Day 10 : Morning on the bikes; afternoon cruise to Bagan
Day 11 : Bagan sightseeing by bike
Day 12 : Return cycle ride to Mount Popa
Day 13 : Fly to Rangoon (Yangon); afternoon city tour
Day 14 : Trip ends Rangoon
- 13 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches
- Panda Hotel (2 nights)
- Hupin Nyaung Schwe Hotel (2 nights)
- Dream Villa (1 night)
- Pindaya Inle Inn (1 night)
- Victoria Palace Hotel (3 nights)
- Win Unity Resort Hotel - Monywa (1 night)
- Thazin Garden Hotel (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader / Cycle guide
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Yangon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Burma tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Burma tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Burma tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Burma tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.