- Countryside and village visits
- War sites
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Local boat rides
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Rangoon (Yangon) British colonial heritage and the golden Shwedagon Pagoda
- Inle Lake Floating gardens, stilted villages and legrowing fishermen
- Mandalay Cruise on Irrawaddy River and visit nearby UBein Bridge
- Bagan Vast plain studded with thousands of ancient temples
This in-depth trip around Burma (Myanmar) takes us to fascinating sights beyond the classic highlights. We also spend longer in each place to really soak up the culture, sample tasty Burmese food and spend time with locals. Bagan - Watch the sun dip into the vast temple-studded plains of ancient Bagan Kyaikhtiyo - Climb the mystical Mount Kyaikhtiyo to see the pagoda precariously balanced on a golden rock Myeik - Explore local markets and visit a shipyard for the chance to witness traditional shipbuilding methods
Day 1 : Join tour Yangon (Rangoon)
Day 2 : Morning walking tour of Rangoon. Visit Shwedagon Pagoda for sunset
Day 3 : Fly to Bagan to take in the vast stupa-filled plains
Day 4 : Continued exploration of Bagan, with the option to visit Mount Popa
Day 5 : Irrawady River Cruise to Pakkou and drive to Monywa
Day 6 : Morning visit to Po Win Daung Caves. Afternoon drive to Mandalay
Day 7 : Explore the ancient Kingdoms of Inwa and Amarapura
Day 8 : Cruise out to Mingun village. Take in the sunset up Mandalay Hill
Day 9 : Fly to Heho and then drive to Kalaw via the caves of Pindaya
Day 10 : Walk through the villages of the Shan Highlands. Free afternoon in Kalaw
Day 11 : Discover the hill town of Kalaw before driving onto Inle Lake
Day 12 : Explore the villages and cottage industries of Inle Lake by longtail boat
Day 13 : Fly to Rangoon and drive to the Golden Rock via the ancient town of Bago
Day 14 : Travel overland to Mawlamyine, explore hidden caves on foot and by canoe
Day 15 : Exploring Mawlamyine, the old colonial capital
Day 16 : Scenic drive to Dawei, visiting the Burmese end of the Death Railway en route
Day 17 : Discover the small town of Dawei on foot
Day 18 : Drive to Myeik and explore the Southern-most frontier of Burma
Day 19 : Optional day trip to the islands of the Mergui Archipelago
Day 20 : Fly to Rangoon, boat to Twante and explore by Trishaw
Day 21 : Trip ends in Yangon
- 20 Breakfasts
- Pacific Hotel (3 nights)
- Thazin Garden Hotel (2 nights)
- Win Unity Resort Hotel - Monywa (1 night)
- Victoria Palace Hotel (3 nights)
- Dream Villa (2 nights)
- Immana Grand Inle Hotel (2 nights)
- Mountain Top Hotel (1 night)
- Attran Hotel (2 nights)
- Golden Guest Hotel (2 nights)
- Eain Taw Phyu Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Yangon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Burma in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 132+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Burma in Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Burma in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Burma in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.