- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get acquainted with Myanmar on a tour of downtown Yangon. Truly an incredible city, Yangon is packed with pagodas, giant Buddhas and countless historical sites
- See the most beautiful religious sites in Myanmar, including the Shwedagon in Yangon, Shwesandaw in Bagan, the Shwe Yan Pyae (Teak Monastery) in Nyaungshwe and many more
- Touring the ancient city of Bagan by bicycle is a magical way to see the place. You'll have convenient and leisurely access to thousands of temples, stupas and pagodas.
- Get off the tourist track and enjoy a uniquely local experience at the community lodge outside of Myaing. This innovative ActionAid project is the first communitybased accommodation in the area, with meals and activities provided by local villagers. Read more about it here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/communitybasedtourismcbtmyanmar/
Travel to Myanmar and discover a country of mythical landscapes, ancient treasures and some of the friendliest folk you’ll ever meet. From golden-gilded Buddhas in Yangon and the magical temples of Bagan to the tranquillity of Inle Lake, Myanmar will excite, impress and intrigue you. A visit to Myanmar is to experience the South East Asia of twenty years ago, full of rarely seen sights and generations of stories just waiting to be told. Come and discover a little bit of Myanmar magic with us.
Plenty to see and greatly organized.
Incredible guide who took us through a lot of the culture, history and day-to-day of this unique country.
Some infrastructure limitations, but nothing too bad when it comes to these unusual territories.”
- Hotel (12 nights), Community Lodge (2 nights)
- 14 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Private vehicle , Plane , Bicycle , Local truck
- An expert tour leader
- Yangon - Walking tour
- Yangon - Kandawgyi Lake
- Yangon - Shwedagon Pagoda
- Bagan - Orientation Walk
- Bagan - Shwezigon Paya
- Bagan - Temple bike tour
- Myaing Community Lodge - Community Dinner
- Myaing Community Lodge - Village Bike Tour
- Myaing Community Lodge - Community Lunch
- Mandalay - Sagaing Hills Temples
- Myaing Community Lodge - Village Bike Tour and Monastery Visit
- Mandalay - U Bein Bridge
- Mandalay - Walking tour
- Mandalay - Boat trip to Mingun
- Kalaw - Full day trek
- Inle Lake - Pindaya Caves
- Inle Lake - Shwe Yan Pyay Monastery
- Inle Lake - Boat sightseeing tour & local lunch
- Any international flights to/from Yangon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Myanmar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 78+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Myanmar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Myanmar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Myanmar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves a lot of walking – often barefoot. You’ll be visiting many religious sites where you must remove all footwear before entering. In places like Bagan, you may need to climb steep steps (sometimes without railing) barefoot, but the views are well worth it.
- You’ll stay at a Community Lodge in central Myanmar, in simple accommodation with limited facilities.But the experience promises to be fantastic.
- Touring by bicycle is probably the best way to see Bagan and the villages surrounding the Community Lodge. Although it’s an easy ride well within the abilities of most people, it does take you off paved roads and onto sandy terrain.
- This trip takes you on a full-day walking tour of the villages around Kalaw. While the walk itself is quite easy, you’ll need a decent level of fitness to get through the long day.
- Myanmar is a hot and humid country in general, although it can be much cooler in winter. If you don’t tolerate the heat well, perhaps consider taking a trip in the cooler winter months (November - February).
- Myanmar is a big country and there are many long days of travelling. Expect to spend a lot of time in a vehicle when travelling between destinations. This is a great opportunity to sit back, enjoy the passing scenery and get to know your fellow travellers.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers