Southern African Desert Rivers and Wildlife
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Young Adults
- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-16768
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Be captivated by the magnificent Victoria Falls
- Watch a magnificent sunrise from the top of the Sossusvlei sand dunes
- Experience game drives in Etosha National Park and Chobe National Park
- Experience the Okavango Delta by traditional canoe (mokoro)
- Game viewing cruise on the Chobe River
An exciting accommodated overland traverse through Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls). Travelling in a comfortable, custom-built expedition vehicle and staying in well-appointed accommodation with plenty of local charm, this journey offers an abundance of stunning scenery, unique wildlife and cultural encounters. The vastness of both Namibia and Botswana become apparent with wide open spaces far outnumbering people. A shorter version of our African Wildlife Explorer trip, this overland journey commences from Windhoek, Namibia's capital city. Ascend the highest sand dunes in the world at Sossusvlei; and enjoy cosmopolitan Swakopmund with its relaxed cafe culture and wide, tree-lined streets. Search for wildlife in the contrasting environments of Etosha National Park and the Kavango River before being enchanted by a Chobe River sunset and still more wildlife in the Okavango Delta. The trip concludes in Zimbabwe with the unforgettable sight of tons of water hurtling over Victoria Falls into the chasm of the Zambezi Gorge.
Day 1 : Windhoek
Day 2-3 : Sesriem and Sossusvlei (approx 510 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 4 : Swakopmund (approx 380 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 5 : Damaraland (approx 380 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 6 : Etosha National Park (approx 220 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 7 : Etosha National Park (150 kms)
Day 8 : Kavango River (approx 430 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 9-10 : Okavango Delta (approx 320 kms/5 hrs drive; plus 2-3 hour boat trip)
Day 11-12 : Chobe River (approx 250 kms/4 hrs drive)
Day 13 : Victoria Falls (approx 90 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 14 : In Victoria Falls, trip concludes
Day 16 : In Victoria Falls, trip concludes
- 13 nights in 3-4 star hotels, lodges and guesthouses on a twinshare basis
- 13 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 10 dinners
- Private transport in custom built expedition vehicle
- Okavango Delta excursions
- Arrival and departure transfers are included in Windhoek and Victoria Falls on Days 1 & 14. (NB - Victoria Falls Airport Zimbabwe (VFA) only; and NOT Livingstone Airport Zambia).
- English speaking local guide
- Chobe River game cruise
- Game drives and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- National park and conservation fees valued at US$55
- International flights
- Optional activities
- Entrance into Victoria Falls National Park
- All lunches and any dinners not noted in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Arrival and departure transfers to/from Livingstone Airport (LVI) Zambia, or on any other day other than Days 1 & 14, are NOT included
- Local cash payment of 2500 South African Rand payable to tour guide on day 1 of all trips
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 133+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern African Desert Rivers and Wildlife tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 June 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 June 2023, a deposit of 307 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern African Desert Rivers and Wildlife tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern African Desert Rivers and Wildlife tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.