- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 9+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb the highest sand dunes in the world
- Fantastic wildlife viewing at Etosha National Park
- Optional quadbiking and sandboarding at Swakopmund
- Full service camping no need to lift a finger!
The sun is rising and we are sat atop one of the highest dunes in the world. A burst of orange and red explodes on the surrounding landscape as warm rays caress the shifting sand. We are in Sossusvlei. Over the coming days we explore the country’s amazing diversity, sit by watering holes watching wildlife, hike through rock formations to ancient engravings, enjoy Viennese style cake shops and discover a country where the desert scenery changes with every turn and the night sky sparkles with countless stars.
Day 1: Start Windhoek.
Day 2: Drive through Namib-Naukluft Park to Sesriem.
Day 3: Sossusvlei Dunes and the Namib Carnivore Conservation Centre
Day 4: Travel through Namib Desert to Swakopmund via Walvis Bay.
Day 5: Full day in Swakopmund with optional activities.
Day 6: Drive to Brandberg, Namibia's highest mountain.
Day 7: White Lady Painting & Vingerklip
Day 8: To Etosha National Park.
Day 9-10: Two days on game drives in Etosha.
Day 11: To Otjiwarongwe
Day 12: Trek at Waterberg Plateau.
Day 13: Transfer to Windhoek; depart Windhoek.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 5 dinners included
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Travel in an overland truck with standing space and reference library
- Group normally 8 to 12, plus leader
- 4 nights lodges and 1 night chalet, all en suite, 7 nights camping
- Designed for 13-16 year olds, also suitable for 9-12 year olds
- Some long drives
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Windhoek are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Namibian Family Adventurer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Namibian Family Adventurer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Namibian Family Adventurer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Namibian Family Adventurer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.