- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Windhoek: the capital of Namibia, is considerably enhanced by stately historic buildings built in the German architectural style of the turn of the century.
- Kalahari Desert: forms a great part of the eastern side of Namibia. In reality, it is a lively wilderness and on the sparse grass plains, you can see huge herds of antelopes and other animals grazing.
- Sossusvlei & Sesriem Canyon: Dunes extend as far as the eye can see and their rich tints vary from pale apricot to vivid reds and oranges.
- Swakopmund: The distinct German colonial character has been well preserved and today many of the old buildings serve a useful purpose.
Welcome to beautiful Namibia! Drive through its mesmerizing landscapes and explore this country at your own pace. Visit the German-style buildings in Windhoek, which lend a singular charm to the city, including the historic seat of government also known as the ‘Tintenpalast’, which means “palace of ink” in German. Pass by Rehoboth like many towns in Namibia, was once a missionary station. Explore Sossusvlei, a dune wonderland, with towering dunes up to 300m high surrounding a huge, dried-up pan. Discover Swakopmund, much loved by Namibians as a welcome respite from the inland heat. It is also popular amongst visitors for its old-world charm and relaxed atmosphere. Discover Waterberg, home to many game species, over 200 bird species, and vegetation which changes dramatically from acacia savannah at the foot of the plateau to lush-green sub-tropical dry woodland with tall trees and grassy plains at the top.
Day 1: Arrival Windhoek (50km – 1hr)
Day 2: Windhoek – Kalahari Desert (295km – 3hrs)
Day 3: Kalahari Desert – Sossusvlei Region (220km – 3hrs)
Day 4: Sossusvlei & Sesriem (180km – 5hrs)
Day 5: Sossusvlei – Swakopmund (350km – 5hrs)
Day 6: Swakopmund
Day 7: Swakopmund – Kalkfeld Region (330km – 3.5hrs)
Day 8: Kalkfeld Region – Etosha N. Park – Kalkfeld Region
Day 9: Kalkfeld Region – Waterberg Plateau Region (230km – 3hrs)
Day 10: Waterberg Plateau Region – Departure Windhoek (335km – 4hrs)
- 9 night’s accommodation
- 9 Breakfasts
- 7 Dinners (Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9)
- Pick-up and drop-off at Hosea Kutako International Airport
- Replacement vehicle in case of an accident, excepting when the loss or damage or the event giving rise thereto was caused due to negligence of the renters or driver (whether authorised or not) of the vehicle
- Second Driver if Indicated on Rental Form
- 9-day car hire
- Unlimited Mileage
- Applicable Local taxes (VAT)
- Zero Excess Collision Damage Waiver including Glass and Tyres, providing no negligence is proven
- Emergency contact service Information
- Meet & Greet
- Tourism Levy
- Tour guide
- For self-guided visits, entrance fees for both persons and vehicle are payable directly at the gate/front desk of each Park or attraction. Please consider that the driving times and distances are estimated and that they can vary because of many circumstances, such as the specific route is taken, hotel location, traffic, weather, road conditions, etc.
- Park Entrance Fees for Sossusvlei & Sesriem Canyon plus 4x4 Shuttle to Sossusvlei
- Park Entrance Fees for Waterberg Plateau National Park Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Recommended activities
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc
- EXCLUSIONS & REQUIREMENTS CAR HIRE
- Damage to a third party or to the rental vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received, there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc.)
- The vehicle will be full (Fuel) on the collection and must be returned full (Fuel)
- The minimum legal age to drive a vehicle in Namibia is 18 years of age
- All drivers must have a valid International driver's license which must be in English
- Accident/theft of the vehicle must be notified within 24 hours of the incident
- If the customer returns the vehicle earlier than the agreed-upon drop-off date stated in the rental contract, the rental company will not refund the customer for any unused days
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to tour contents without prior notice
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 91+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Namibia The Finest Way, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Namibia The Finest Way, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Namibia The Finest Way, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.