- duration 10 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the massive sand dunes of Sossusvlei
- Search for wildlife in Etosha National Park
- Discover ancient rock art in Twyfelfontein
- Visit the largest seal colony in the world
A superb family trip combining adventure, wildlife and camping in the desert. The most beautiful sand dunes in the world, spectacular views of vast desert landscapes and unique wildlife are all part of this diverse itinerary. The trip has been specially designed to suit families; driving distances have been kept to a minimum and the places visited have all been chosen with a mind for activities that will appeal to adults and children alike. Highlights include stunning scenery in the Namib Naukluft Park, watching the changing colours of sunrise over Sossusvlei dunes, the seaside town of Swakopmund, dolphin cruise at Walvis Bay, ancient Bushmen rock art in the 'koppies' (rock outcrops) near the Brandberg Mountains (where Namibia's highest peak is found), and game viewing in Etosha National Park. Here it is possible to watch wildlife come to drink at floodlit waterholes at any time of day or night. There is also an opportunity to meet cheetahs up close and personal at the Cheetah Conservation Fund property and Educational Centre. Camping is the perfect way to involve the whole family and to enjoy the highlights of Namibia at a gentle pace.
Day 1 : Join Windhoek, early morning drive to Namib Desert (350km)
Day 2 : Sesriem and Sossusvlei (120km)
Day 3 : Cross Tropic of Capricorn to Swakopmund (300km)
Day 4 : Swakopmund and Walvis Bay
Day 5 : Cape Cross seal colony and Brandberg Mountain (350km)
Day 6 : Twyfelfontein to Etosha National Park (350km)
Day 7 : Etosha National Park
Day 8 : Etosha National Park
Day 9 : Etosha to Cheetah Conservation Fund and Waterberg Plateau (350km)
Day 10 : Return to Windhoek, trip concludes (330km)
- Pick up and drop off from accommodation in Windhoek (day 1 and 10 only)
- 2 nights in comfortable guesthouse on a twinshare basis
- 9 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 7 dinners
- Private transport
- English speaking local guide and camp assistant
- 7 nights limited participation camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent and mattress (sleeping bag not included - can be hired locally)
- National park and conservation fees
- International flights and departure taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers (other than pick up and drop off from accommodation in Windhoek on Days 1 & 10 only)
- Sleeping bag (can be hired)
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic beverages
- Meals and beverages not specified in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature including laundry, souvenirs, etc.
- Optional activities and sightseeing during free time
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 135 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 90 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 322 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Namibia Family Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Namibia Family Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.