- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Watch the sunrise over the Namib Desert from the top of Sossusvlei's Dune 45
- Guided walk through the Namib Desert
- Optional wild adventures of Swakopmund, quad biking, sandboarding, horseriding, scenic flights
- Wild camp and hike in the stunning wild mountains of Spitzkoppe
There are few holidays for families to match an authentic African Safari, but the one that will surpass even the most luxurious safari is our Family Overland Adventure from Windhoek to Victoria Falls. Not only are the wildlife viewing opportunities quite superb with elephants, lions, hippo, rhino, and the rest, but also this is a journey through 3 of Africa's most interesting countries, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia.
Camping with the kids surrounded by the noises of the African night is a wonderful experience; sitting around a camp fire, with Africa's huge skies above is epic; but add in the fun of quad biking through the desert, canoeing through the Okavango, or multiple wildlife safaris and you have an amazing journey, that no one in the family will ever forget.
Day 1: Windhoek
Day 2: Sesriem
Day 3: Solitaire
Day 4: Swakopmund
Day 5: Swakopmund
Day 6: Spitzkoppe
Day 7: Brandberg
Day 8: Etosha NP
Day 9: Etosha NP
Day 10: Grootfontein
Day 11: Rundu
Day 12: Shakawe
Day 13: Okavango Delta
Day 14: Okavango Delta
Day 15: Bagani
Day 16: Kasane
Day 17: Kasane
Day 18: Victoria Falls
Day 19: Victoria Falls
- 18 Breakfasts
- 14 Lunches
- 14 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Boat, Mokoro
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Any international flights to Windhoek and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Dunes, Delta & Falls - Family Overland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 164 today.
- Save US$ 109+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Dunes, Delta & Falls - Family Overland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Dunes, Delta & Falls - Family Overland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Dunes, Delta & Falls - Family Overland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.