- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Be captivated by the magnificent Victoria Falls
- Watch a magnificent sunrise from the top of the Sossusvlei sand dunes
- Experience game drives in Etosha National Park
- Experience the Okavango Delta by traditional canoe (mokoro)
An exciting accommodated overland traverse through Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls). Travelling in a comfortable, custom-built safari vehicle and staying in well-appointed accommodation with plenty of local charm, this journey offers an abundance of stunning scenery, unique wildlife and cultural encounters. The vastness of both Namibia and Botswana become apparent with wide open spaces far outnumbering people. A shorter version of our African Wilderness in Comfort trip, this overland journey commences from Windhoek, Namibia's capital city. Walk some of the highest sand dunes in the world at Sossusvlei; and enjoy cosmopolitan Swakopmund with its relaxed cafe culture and wide, tree-lined streets. Search for wildlife in the contrasting environments of Etosha National Park and the Okavango River before being enchanted by a Chobe River sunset and still more wildlife. The trip concludes in Zimbabwe with the unforgettable sight of tons of water hurtling over Victoria Falls into the chasm of the Zambezi Gorge.
Day 1 : Windhoek
Day 2-3 : Sesriem and Sossusvlei (approx 510 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 4-5 : Swakopmund (approx 380 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 6 : Damaraland (approx 380 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 7 : Etosha National Park (approx 220 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 8 : Etosha National Park (150 kms)
Day 9 : Kavango River (approx 430 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 10-11 : Okavango Delta (approx 320 kms/5 hrs drive; plus 2-3 hour boat trip)
Day 12 : Kwando River (approx 350 kms/5 hrs drive; plus 2-3 hour boat trip)
Day 13-14 : Chobe River (approx 250 kms/4 hrs drive)
Day 15 : Victoria Falls (approx 90 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 16 : In Victoria Falls, trip concludes
- 13 nights in 3-4 star hotels and lodges on a twinshare basis
- 15 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 11 dinners
- Private transport in custom built expedition vehicle
- English speaking local guide
- 2 nights in 3-4 star permanent safari camp on a twinshare basis
- Chobe River game cruise
- Game drives and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- National park and conservation fees valued at US$55
- Okavango Delta excursions from 2019
- International flights
- Optional activities
- Entrance into Victoria Falls National Park
- All lunches and any dinners not noted in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Airport transfers
- Local cash payment of 2000 South African Rand payable to tour guide on day 1 of all trips
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 188 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 125 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 312 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 26 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Desert Rivers and Wildlife in Comfort tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Desert Rivers and Wildlife in Comfort tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.