- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7772
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Cycling through the wilderness vast plains, rocky outcrops and endless skies
- Safari drives in Etosha National Park
- Exploring sand dunes on a modified ‘fat’ bike
- Waterberg National Park’s red sandstone table mountain
- Discover the highest dunes in the world
Namibia is a vast country with wide open spaces and endless skies. Sand dunes gradually turn into granite hills, whilst rocky outcrops give way to vast plains where elephants, giraffes and lions roam. Travelling through the wilderness by bike is undoubtedly one of the best ways to experience the varied landscape of this desert nation and there is also the unique experience of cycling over sand dunes on a modified ‘fat’ bike.
Discover the country’s highlights and hidden secrets on two wheels, watch the sun rise over the tallest sand dunes in the world and experience game drives in one of southern Africa’s best game reserves, Etosha National Park.
Day 1: Start Windhoek.
Day 2: Transfer to Kupferberg Pass; introductory cycle past private farms and local wildlife.
Day 3: Cycle along gravel trails towards Solitaire; transfer to Sesriem.
Day 4: Climb Dune 45 and cycle back to Sesriem past giant sand dunes.
Day 5: Morning cycle through Namib Naukluft Desert; transfer to Walvis Bay then on to Swakopmund.
Day 6: Fat biking on sand dunes and free afternoon for optional activities.
Day 7: Spitzkoppe ride.
Day 8: Transfer to Etosha N.P. for safari.
Day 9: Search for the 'Big five' on safari in Etosha.
Day 10: Transfer from park; Otjiwa ride.
Day 11: Cycle from Otjiwa and transfer to Waterberg Plateau for an optional walk.
Day 12: Transfer to Windhoek airport; trip ends here.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 135+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Namibia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 June 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 June 2023, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Namibia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Namibia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.