- Mountain biking
- Bicycle tour
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycling through magnificent and diverse landscapes
- Safari drives in Etosha National Park
- Exploring sand dunes on a modified ‘fat’ bike
- Waterberg National Park’s red sandstone table mountain
Namibia is a vast country with wide open spaces and endless skies. Sand dunes gradually turn into granite hills, whilst rocky outcrops give way to vast plains where elephants, giraffes and lions roam. Travelling through the wilderness by bike is undoubtedly one of the best ways to experience the varied landscape of this desert nation and there is also the unique experience of cycling over sand dunes on a modified ‘fat’ bike.Discover the country’s highlights and hidden secrets on two wheels, watch the sun rise over the tallest sand dunes in the world and experience game drives in one of southern Africa’s best game reserves, Etosha National Park.
Day 1: Start Windhoek.
Day 2: Transfer to Kupferberg Pass; introductory cycle past private farms and local
Day 3: Cycle along gravel trails towards Solitaire; transfer to Sesriem.
Day 4: Climb Dune 45 and cycle back to Sesriem past giant sand dunes.
Day 5: Morning cycle through Namib Naukluft Desert; transfer to Walvis Bay then on
Day 6: Fat biking on sand dunes and free afternoon for optional activities.
Day 7: Spitzkoppe ride.
Day 8: Transfer to Etosha N.P. for safari.
Day 9: Search for the 'Big five' on safari in Etosha.
Day 10: Transfer from park; Otjiwa ride.
Day 11: Cycle from Otjiwa and transfer to Waterberg Plateau for an optional walk.
Day 12: Transfer to Windhoek airport; trip ends here.
- 7 nights full-service camping, 4 nights hotels/lodges , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
- 8 days cycling (including a morning fat biking) with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 90% off road/gravel roads, 10% tarmac roads
- Some gentle hills and mostly along quiet roads
- Group normally 4 to 12. Min age 16
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Windhoek are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Namibia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Namibia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Namibia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Namibia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.