- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The unique landscape of Etosha National Park makes it one of the best animalviewing destinations in the world, and you'll enjoy a full day of game drives here.
- End the day in Damaraland by ascending the hill to a viewing platform for a sweeping vista of the Mopane woodland illuminated by the setting sun.
- Enjoy a wine and cheese tasting experience on a working wine farm in the Olifants River Valley, with your host ‘Sparky’.
- As eerie as they are fascinating, the sand dunes of the Sossusvlei can be seen in all their blazing beauty from the top of Dune 45.
Flanked by ocean and desert, Namibia boasts both landscapes and wildlife of world-class diversity. Travelling down the coast from Windhoek, see how vast herds of herbivores make Etosha National Park one of the continent’s premier game-viewing destinations. The peaks, petrified forest, ancient rock paintings and Damara culture make Damaraland a fascinating insight into the history of humans and the earth, while the landscapes surrounding Swakopmund and Sossusvlei are simply some of the greatest desert scenery in the world. Climb to the top of Dune 45 and be rewarded with unreal views across wild terrain that is quickly becoming iconic. Nestle into unique accommodation among granite boulders, then take in the view across the second largest canyon in the world. Drift down the Orange River in a canoe, then cruise through the world of South African wine on a tasting experience at a wine farm in Trawal. Finish up in Cape Town, where stunning coastline, Table Mountain, and a home-cooked dinner in the colourful Bo-Kapp neighbourhood await. This two-week journey from Namibia into South Africa is one you’ll need your camera for.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
Etosha National Park
Etosha National Park
Sossusvlei / Sesriem
Fish River Canyon
Fish River Canyon
- Cabin (1 night), Farmstay (1 night), Hotel (4 nights), Lodge (7 nights), Feature Stay Lodge (1 night)
- 14 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, 11 Dinners
- 4WD vehicle , Custom-built overland vehicle , On foot , Private vehicle , Mokoro
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Etosha National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drives
- Damaraland - Twyfelfontein Bushman Paintings
- Damaraland - Twyfelfontein Heritage Site
- Damaraland - Petrified Forest
- Damaraland - Living Museum of the Damara
- Sesriem - Sesriem Canyon Visit
- Sesriem - Dune 45 Visit
- Sesriem - Sossusvlei & Deadvlei Salt Pan Visit
- Fish River Canyon - Sunrise and Picnic Breakfast
- Orange River - Canoe trip
- Trawal - Olifants Wine & Cheese Tasting
- Cape Town - Cape Malay Cooking Class
- Any international flights to Windhoek and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Namibia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 190+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Namibia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 August 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Namibia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Namibia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Purpose-built overland vehicles are used for the duration of this trip. While these vehicles are not air-conditioned, all windows open to allow fresh air flow. Be prepared for some dust, heat and wind.
- This itinerary features some long travel days, which can be exacerbated by bumpy African roads. Please review the approximate durations of travel listed throughout the itinerary.
- Overlanding is the perfect journey for those travellers with an open mind and the spirit for adventure. However it may be quite different to any style of travel you have experienced before. Ask your agent for a copy of our Peregrine overlanding flyer for more information or head to https://www.peregrineadventures.com/africa-overland
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- You don't need to be a professional athlete to go on an overland safari, but you will need a good level of physical resilience and movement, especially for entering and exiting the vehicles. There's also a half-day canoe activity along the Orange River on this trip
- Namibia summer (November–March) can be very hot and humid with maximum temperatures around 30-35°C and peaks of over 40°C in the desert. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal