- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Scenic train ride from Carcross to Skagway Follow the journey of the Gold Rush stampeders
- Driving the 'Top of the World' Highway Experience breathtaking scenery and visit the historic gold dredges near the village of Chicken
- Klondike Gold Rush National Park Spot brown and black bear, caribou, eagles and more!
- Dawson Relax in the 'Paris of the North', now a living museum of Gold Rush history set on the banks of the Yukon River
The remote land of the Yukon offers the same dramatic sceneries that the Canadian Rockies and Alaska have in spades - massive snow-covered mountains inhabited by wolves and bears, and emerald lakes flanked by pine forest - but the Yukon's absence of real tourism gives it a sense of isolation like no other. This trip couples outstanding natural beauty and wildlife with fascinating goldrush history. White Pass and Yukon Railroad - Follow the journey of the Gold Rush stampeders on the spectacular vintage mountain railway from Carcross to Skagway Kluane National Park - Spot eagle and grizzly bear, or choose to take a helicopter flight, taking a birds-eye view of the worlds largest non-polar icefields Dawson - Relax in the one-time 'Paris of the North', now a living museum of Gold Rush history on the banks of the Yukon River
Day 1 : Join trip in Whitehorse
Day 2 : Explore Whitehorse on foot; visit Miles Canyon and the SS Klondike
Day 3 : Walk in Carcross desert; train ride to Skagway (Alaska, USA) over the old White Pass and Yukon Railroad
Day 4 : Ferry to Haines; visit Tlingit Village
Day 5 : Drive to Destruction Bay near Haines Junction (Yukon, Canada); views of the Kluane mountains
Day 6 : Walks in Kluane National Park; optional scenic flight
Day 7 : Travel to Tok (Alaska, USA); walks in Kluane National Park
Day 8 : Drive to Dawson (Yukon, Canada) along the 'Top of the World' Highway; visit living museum at Chicken Village
Day 9 : Walking tour of Dawson; optional boat trip on Yukon River
Day 10 : Free day in Dawson
Day 11 : Explore the walking trails of Tombstone Territorial Park
Day 12 : Drive to Whitehorse
Day 13 : Trip ends in Whitehorse
- 1 Lunch
- 11 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple hotel
- Ferry, Maxiwagon, Train
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Any international flights to/from Whitehorse are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Yukon and Alaska Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 132+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Yukon and Alaska Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 378 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 16 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Yukon and Alaska Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Yukon and Alaska Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.