The Garden Route - 8 days
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Young Adults
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-79 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-23083
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Cape Town
- Stellenbosch wine tasting
- Ostrich Farm
- Cango Caves
- Waterfall Trail
- Tskitsikamma National Park
- Addo Elephant Park.
- Show more
Spend 8 magical days on South Africa’s famous Garden Route with this tour. This iconic region is renowned for being one of the most scenic in the country. Start off an unforgettable week with a couple of free days to explore independently in Cape Town, the legendary Mother City, and end it off in Port Elizabeth. In between, you are treated to a thrilling array of activities and experiences, as you see a variety of natural spectacles and historical landmarks. You will have the chance to do the world’s highest bungee jump and go diving with sharks. You will sip the famous Cape wines and explore quaint little towns. You will seek out the Big 5 on a classic African safari and hike through forests in search of waterfalls. You will see ostriches, penguins, and whales, explore the most spectacular underground cave network, and stand at the southernmost point of Africa. All along your journey, your comfort will be ensured- you have a choice of staying in high-quality backpacker lodges, or choosing the deluxe guesthouse/boutique hotel option. One thing is for sure, the Garden Route will not disappoint.
Day 1 : Arrive in Cape Town
Day in Cape Town - pre-tour
Day 2 : Free Day in Cape Town
Day 3 : Free Day in Cape Town
Day 4 : Cape Coast- Hermanus, Betties Bay, Cape Agulhas, Shark Cage Diving
Day 5 : Wine Tasting and Cango Caves Tour
Day 6 : Wilderness National Park and Knysna
Day 7 : Tsitsikamma National Park and Bloukrans Bridge Bungee Jump
Day 8 : Safari in Addo Elephant National Park, Transfer to Port Elizabeth
- 7 nights accommodation
- Meals: 7 breakfasts and 4 dinners
- Transport in 25-seat expedition vehicle
- Local guides for sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- 2 truck crew (driver/guide plus assistant/cook)
- All 'included highlights' as mentioned in the itinerary
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visa fees if required
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Entrance fees and activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional tours in Cape Town and elsewhere
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 39+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Garden Route - 8 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 May 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Garden Route - 8 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Garden Route - 8 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be recommended to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.