Cape Town To Johannesburg (17 Days)
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Overland Journeys
- Young Adults
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 18-80 yrs
- max group size 24
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-38596
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Visit Cape Agulhas, the southernmost point in Africa, the point where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet
- Take a tour through the vast halls, and towering limestone formations of Cango Caves
- Learn about the world's largest bird Ostrich
- Travel along the Garden Route and enjoy the vibrant coastal towns
- Game drives in search of the Big 5 in Addo Elephant National Park
- Enjoy exploring waterfalls, rock pools, hiking or pony trekking, in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho
- Visit sprawling Soweto township, once home to Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu
- Show more
Witness first-hand all that is fantastic about South Africa - stunning beaches, dense forests and abundant marine and bush wildlife. We visit the most southerly point in Africa, venture along the world-renowned Garden Route, the lesser-known Wild Coast and explore the mountainous kingdom of Lesotho.
Day 1-3 : Cape Town To Little Karoo
Day 4-7 : Little Karoo To Addo National Park
Day 8-10 : Addo National Park To Free State
Day 11-13 : Free State To Royal National Park
Day 14-17 : Royal Natal National Park To Johannesburg
- Accommodation - approx. 50% camping & 50% simple hostels/hotels
- Meals - approx. 50%
- All transport on Oasis Expedition Truck
- Services of Oasis Crew
- Camping and Cooking equipment
- Local Payment of USD 560 (2022), USD580 (2023) payable at the start of the trip
- Optional Excursions as listed in the Pre-Departure Information
- Airport Taxes & Transfers
- Travel Insurance
- Meals - approx. 50%
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town To Johannesburg (17 Days) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 May 2023, a deposit of 246 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape Town To Johannesburg (17 Days) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town To Johannesburg (17 Days) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.
- 'Mini-bubbles' will be created on board the truck in Overland Tours for extra hygiene and infection control. Travelers may be required to take regular PCR tests before crossing borders between countries.
- It is highly recommended that all travelers are fully vaccinated before the tour.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.